Dazz_G60_Wales

Help needed on Rear seat fitment.

Hi Fella`s

After the garage that sprayed my car 18 months ago botched my rear seat when refitting ( only found out when I braked suddenly and the back seat just dropped down without me touching it )

Hoping that someone will have a set of seats out so I can get a pic or two so I can see how they attach on the bottom spindles( on the hook side )to the body.

I only have a threaded bar sticking out of the seat and it does not reach the holder that its suppose to attach to.

Any pics or help would be great.

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales

Can you be more specific . Are you saying the passenger seat dropped forwards ,as in the passenger side rear seat ?, like you would fold it down ? Or the bit a passenger would sit on slipped forward ?.

No problem

It's the drivers side back part not the sit on

It fell forward because it's not locking in on the top hook due to the bottom pin not fitting into the hole on the rear panel side.

Will try to take a pic later today.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's probably just not fitted correctly . Maybe they put the bottom seat in first ?, if the seats were removed and the locking pin was left in position , it should fit back in .i take it that it's fitted at the bottom on the studs ?.

Edited by robrado974

it sounds like it is not fitted into side where the clip goes over the hex bolt, which means the toggle to let it fall forwards can't latch resulting in it falling forwards with enough force.

Thanks all we are getting there now.

Problem I have was I was hoping for a photo of someone else's seat maybe fitted and one of a seat not in the car so I can see what's missing.

I will take a photo now.

I don't think there is any sort of hex clip there.

Really pi**ed they botched it but the garage went bust (can see why !)about 4 months ago !!

Culshaw you were spot on M8

After having a better look the stud on the bottom of the seat is not quite long enough on the drivers side to fit the bracket on the body .

The clip is broken due to this !

Are they adjustable ?

The passenger is fitting fine.

I am wondering that when the car was done they fitted a new rear bench which I provided from the later model as I wanted to remove the rear arm rest bulge.

Were they different on the later models ?

8fb426f42e99783926013fef32878529.jpg9597d6f848b5a8e093e26bd479e7c227.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Dazz_G60_Wales

No M8.

Is the bolt removable or length adjustable as the passenger fits fine ?

Sorry I haven't even checked this as I work 12 hours and not had time to get the seat out.

I don't want to sound dull but never looked into it until I realised it was loose.

Lucky for Me I have had no more than Me and the Mrs in the car !

Looking at yours mate it should fit in just take off 10mm bolts from the centre refit

Slot thread in hole and nut the end then do the 10mm back up

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Looking at yours mate it should fit in just take off 10mm bolts from the centre refit

Slot thread in hole and nut the end then do the 10mm back up

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

That is exactly what i had to do with mine

Thanks all for the help.

Turned out someone had cut the threaded stud bar short so it would not reach the body.

Had a bolt here the same thread size so cut and grinded,now stays in place but grommets are still buggered so if anybody has any knocking about that will be great.

They now stay up but move around a bit in the holes LOL.