VR6 Lee

ABS pump vr6

Removed my abs pump a few weeks ago as my abs pump light kept going on. Error was inlet/outlet valve faults. Sent part away to BBA for repair and they phoned today saying no faults can be found. Any ideas why it hasn't shown up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May have been an old code or intermittent fault? It's been said in the past that the valves can become a little sticky, so a good stomp on the brakes to activate them every now and again helps.

I had the same last week, when I let the fluid drain out of the pump, whilst replacing the rear calipers.

After it had shown 00273 code, this was resolved by re bleeding the pump and activating the pump.

I, and others,have had the same sort of experience from BBA Reman, reporting no fault despite there manifestly being one. It is possible that you have a wiring or relay problem however.

best wishes

RB

My experience with them and my ABS pump wasn't great either. They sent a 'recon' unit after saying mine was beyond repair, I fitted it and it still had a valve fault so had to remove it and send it back for them to sort it out. It took ages though it was all ok in the end.

Strange thing is I have used them for lots of other things over the years with work and they have been very good.

Trouble is where else do you go ?!

Had no trouble with them - they sourced one pump for me but it was damaged beyond repair, then I sent another one to them which they tested and it came up clear and it's now installed in my car and working flawlessly.

The real trouble with these units is getting hold of ones that aren't already beyond repair so that they can be fixed and re-conditioned.

My theory is that there is a common fault in the loom connector and PCB that sits underneath the unit that develops over time. It gets subjected to a lot of heat and dirt. My fault on my old unit showed up as an outlet valve error in VCDS, but was definitely temperature related, and I suspect that the PCB was expanding with rising temperatures leading to a loose connection. When I have time I'll take the old one apart and have a look.

Edited by fendervg