coullstar

10/15mm spacers for rear discs

Ive decided to run std wheels on the car so looking at spacing them out a little for looks.

Having never run rear spacers more that 5mm on previous Corrado's I tried some I hade sitting around and they don't fit over the hub part of the rear discs. Ive used these on other cars no problem (5x112 drilled as well) so is there an specific make I need to get for Corrado rear discs clearnace?

Ive decided to run std wheels on the car so looking at spacing them out a little for looks.

Having never run rear spacers more that 5mm on previous Corrado's I tried some I hade sitting around and they don't fit over the hub part of the rear discs. Ive used these on other cars no problem (5x112 drilled as well) so is there an specific make I need to get for Corrado rear discs clearnace?

The rear disk bosses measure around 18mm (plus the flange around the bearing dust cap) so you're talking around 25mm or so for the spacer to allow some meat on the hub-centric spacer to prevent the spacers flange shearing off.

I tried and returned a set of the Stance+ 15mm spacers from Venom Motorsport a few weeks back as they wouldn't sit flush on the hubs.

Keen to know what other types people have had better results with.

Here's a YouTube video of a VR6 Raddo with 20mm spacers all round, looks decent.

I tried and returned a set of the Stance+ 15mm spacers from Venom Motorsport a few weeks back as they wouldn't sit flush on the hubs.

Keen to know what other types people have had better results with.

Here's a YouTube video of a VR6 Raddo with 20mm spacers all round, looks decent.

You could fit stub axle spacers to the rear or non hub-centric spacers (not recommended)

Massbad had a set on his VR I'm sure, his members thread won't be too far back. I'll look in a wee while

I use a set of H&R 20mm hubcentric spacers to correct the ET on a set of non VW speedlines. They fit perfectly.

I enquired to have some made up for Subaru wheel fitment to Corrado by the link below, he said that to bore them to clear the rear disks boss would leave the wheel mounting boss very weak and liable to shear off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15mm-VW-AUDI-5x112-Hubcentric-Wheel-Spacers-57-1-bore-10-Wheel-Bolts-UK-Made-/121962783051?hash=item1c658c614b:g:8f8AAOSw7NNUKmoe

Are yours steel or alloy?

Do you have a link you could share please :)

Edited by Dox

I've got the spacers in the link below fitted

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/wheel-spacers-vehicle-specific/st-suspension-wheel-spacers-kit-pair

Mine are listed as 10mm spacers but are stamped up 11.5mm and fit no problems. I did previously buy some Creations Motorsports ones but they did not fit over the centre of the hub and then decided they didn't want to know about the problem or refund me

the ST spacers are part of KW Suspension I believe so should be good