Geeba

Rescued White VR!

Examine the electrolytic capacitors for bulging / leakage - its an age related thing

I can't see any in the Pic posted. There are plenty of tant beads but they tend to fail short circuit leaving only the leads behind.

Yeah I did give it a good look over... to be honest it looks mint! no sign of lifted or burn tracks etc.

I have a couple of scopes if you want to borrow one. If you are in the Aylesbury area i'm not a million miles from you.

I have a couple of scopes if you want to borrow one. If you are in the Aylesbury area i'm not a million miles from you.

Cheers Mark, really appreciate the offer, I've not scoped a board out since the mid 90's :( and that was a DX386 powered terminal server, similar SMT type components but I wouldn't know what to look at on this.... I'm starting to think I might have to bite the bullet and get an auto sparky in, I'm not convinced its the ECU, but I guess its worth eliminating... it could be the alarm come back to haunt me... or just the fact that the car has stood 'soaked' for over 3 years.

Its an auto, so I guess it could be the park/neutral switch? I know the gearbox is dead so could that be causing an issue?

It could just become a "parts lob" and throwing a heap of guessed parts can be more expensive in the long run... it something simple but I'm dammed if I can spot it...

Where abouts are you? If you can wait a few weeks I may be able to pop over and give you a hand fault finding (I'm located close to Reading).

Where abouts are you? If you can wait a few weeks I may be able to pop over and give you a hand fault finding (I'm located close to Reading).

Wowser! thats a very kind offer... I'm about 2 miles from Thame in Oxfordshire, just over the border in Bucks. Quite a trek for you thou.. I'll keep plodding on but if you find yourself passing the door, tea is plentiful and I'll get biscuits in specail! LOL!

Actually it's not that bad. A404 to High Wycombe and a couple of junctions on the M40. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I get a day pass though. If you haven't sorted it before then drop me a PM and we'll work out a date.

Edited by marks2

Does your diavia book state how much gas should be used !! I'm Trying to find the correct installed answer

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does your diavia book state how much gas should be used !! I'm Trying to find the correct installed answer

Nothing i'm afraid.... its a big booklet with 2 pages in English on how to use the airco system. then repeated in about 20 languages. :)

I'm going to have to work that out on mine too... it has aircon fitted but the hoses have been cut in what looks like an atempt to get access to the gearbox :(

Also my car has whats left of a red VR6 badge on the back? would this of been red from the factory?

I'm going to have to work that out on mine too... it has aircon fitted but the hoses have been cut in what looks like an atempt to get access to the gearbox :(

Also my car has whats left of a red VR6 badge on the back? would this of been red from the factory?

If it's an early vr6 it had red badges front and rear... late had brushed chrome.

If your corrado badge on the rear is body colour it will have a red vr6 badge on the back

Edited by delfinis38

If it's an early vr6 it had red badges front and rear... late had brushed chrome.

If your corrado badge on the rear is body colour it will have a red vr6 badge on the back

Its a 93... yep the Corrado is written in body colour... Hmm I bet the red ones are few and far between now :(

Its a 93... yep the Corrado is written in body colour... Hmm I bet the red ones are few and far between now :(

Yup... might be easier to get some red vinyl graphics made up to put on a chrome badge.. or spray red.

Funny thing, I watched Car SOS last night... a repeat unfortunately but it beats the mind numbing soaps on the main channels, it was the Skyline GTR that had been stood in a garage for umpteen years which Fuzz couldn't get to start - turned out to be the injectors that had failed, my car has probably stood for half the ammount of time... but outside and full of leaves - I guess they are going to need taking a look at :(

Fellas there was a thread I found some time ago about a set of cheapy matts that had been ordered off ebay and turned out to be rather good - I need a set for the Mrs's Golf and maybe a set for the Corrado... anyone remember it?

Another cold lunch break... but got a bit done, finally finished stripping the interior out.... well the smelly bits anyway..

Its cleaning up nicely! Most of the interior has been thoroughly cleaned and is ready to go back in - the headlining is currently bathing in a mixture of Persil non-bio and warm water and is about ready for a shower!

Some of the sound deadening is pretty mouldy - I'm going to use it as a template and cut it from closed cell foam.

Nice surprise in the door cards and dash too - Infinity component speakers to go with the alpine rears and DLS Amplifier that came with the car!

Just about to refit the battery and test the sunroof.

Another cold lunch break... but got a bit done, finally finished stripping the interior out.... well the smelly bits anyway..

Its cleaning up nicely! Most of the interior has been thoroughly cleaned and is ready to go back in - the headlining is currently bathing in a mixture of Persil non-bio and warm water and is about ready for a shower!

Some of the sound deadening is pretty mouldy - I'm going to use it as a template and cut it from closed cell foam.

Nice surprise in the door cards and dash too - Infinity component speakers to go with the alpine rears and DLS Amplifier that came with the car!

Just about to refit the battery and test the sunroof.

good work

how did you find taking out the roof lining? i need to do that in my VR - oddly the valver, which is 5 years older has a great roof lining lol

lucky with the speakers too m8! i run Infinity Kappa's all round in the VR, 5.25's in the doors & 6*9's in the shelf :D

sadly no audio yet in the valver

I hope the Sunroof works OK. With the stage you are at, I'd be tempted to drop it out, clean and relube the guides for longevity. An extra days job but future proofed it to always work

Cressa

Really easy GF... once you have the light out which is a clip and two screws, then the side trim and the headlining is literally held in buy the sunroof trim, that again comes away reasonably easy with a careful tug, then its straight out the tailgate and upstairs for a well needed bath!

Seemed to be a fair amount of condensation on the roof which I want to do something about and I'm also thinking about a very careful wipe over the back of the headlining with something like Thompson Water Seal to stop anymore damp getting in and making my 24 year old car smell like a 24 year old car! :D

I hope the Sunroof works OK. With the stage you are at, I'd be tempted to drop it out, clean and relube the guides for longevity. An extra days job but future proofed it to always work

Cressa

Here goes Cressa... heading back to the driveway now.. via the kitchen for a cuppa ;) fingers crossed

Really easy GF... once you have the light out which is a clip and two screws, then the side trim and the headlining is literally held in buy the sunroof trim, that again comes away reasonably easy with a careful tug, then its straight out the tailgate and upstairs for a well needed bath!

Seemed to be a fair amount of condensation on the roof which I want to do something about and I'm also thinking about a very careful wipe over the back of the headlining with something like Thompson Water Seal to stop anymore damp getting in and making my 24 year old car smell like a 24 year old car! :D

thanks

it is the sliding part i am unsure of - ive seen how it kind of pushes up & back or something

i hope the backing card stuff makes it through a bath ok m8!

for the roof you could maybe try something similar to what i am going to use to reline the doors - https://www.silentcoat.co.uk/collections/silent-coat/products/silent-coat-2mm-mat-door-pack

not sure about the 3kg per sq/m though

Cressa

WOOHOO! I have a fully working slide and tilt sunroof! - I think I might do as you say Cressa and drop it out and give it a once over, pleased with that result thou ;)