Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Beru HT Leads

Hi guys,

this is my first post so be gentle with me :oops: During my lurking phase I noticed that Red Beru HT leads were rated highly. My local VW dealer wasn't interested in sourcing these for me so I thought I'd check out the local FORD dealer (I'm sure you know the VR6 was fitted to the Galaxy). I've checked out the leads and they look OK and even have the VAG logos on the Bremi ends! I've used FORD VR6 bits in the past 'cos thy're cheaper than VW and usually in stock too :wink: . Has anyone used these leads - I want to be sure the ends are compatible - i.e. same coilpack and spark plug connections. The parts guy will even give me Corrado Club discount!

Thanks in advance,

Dicky

Dicky, - welcome to the forum m8 8)

Beru leads are O.E. for many vehicle manufacturers - Mercedes Benz included !!

Top quality & provide years of trouble free running.

Thanks for the welcome Steve.

Trouble free running eh! Now that's sometging I could do with. :lol:

Yep the red Berus are pretty much the best you can get for the VR. Cut to the right length and built like a brick out house.

Storm - sorry I took my time :roll: The coil pack is £202+vat from FORD. I don't know how this compares to VW?

Looks like we do them - I'll check who makes them & if we have stock tomorrow. :wink:

92526 ... IGNITION COIL/TRANSFORMER ... CORRADO VR6 no Distributor ... 115.00 + vat

Hi-

It looks like I have arrived a bit late on this thread :? , Its just I am looking for new HT leads at the moment; the old ones have been on for 90k and have been cut to buggary on the HT lead clips- these sound like just the ticket. Anyone know how much they are and what the ford part number is please..

Cheers

Mike

Looks like we do them - I'll check who makes them & if we have stock tomorrow. :wink:

92526 ... IGNITION COIL/TRANSFORMER ... CORRADO VR6 no Distributor ... 115.00 + vat

All of our stock of this coil pack is made by Beru 8)

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay with the HT lead part numbers - I've been away.

So here they are:

HTH

Dicky

Dicky, I take it you did buy these leads in the end. If so, are they the red Beru ones, and how much did they cost?

Cheers Dicky.

Interesting that they're only £76 inc. vat - I got quoted just over £100 PLUS vat from VAG. Are these for cars with a coilpack? What discount did you get in the end (if any)?

I just ordered a complete set of OEM leads from my local VW.

They cost £120, but I get 10%, so £108 total.

Thay offered me a set for £65, but they were cheap replacements. They admitted to putting these on unless specifically asked not to mind you !

:x

What would be *really* cool is if you could list the part numbers with the lead number.. Then stick this info somewhere it's not going to go away?

Perhaps there should be a "things you should buy from Ford" sticky thread?

What would be *really* cool is if you could list the part numbers with the lead number.. Then stick this info somewhere it's not going to go away?

Perhaps there should be a "things you should buy from Ford" sticky thread?

I can make a how-to up out of it if you want?

It would help if someone could PM me with a bit on how to get the f*?@£" clips off the plugs as well, preferably with photos.

Are those part numbers listed the same for VAG as Ford, and are they definitely the Beru ones?

Assuming it's like the PCV, the Ford part numbers bear no resemblance to the VAG ones, but they're the same parts.

Assuming it's like the PCV, the Ford part numbers bear no resemblance to the VAG ones, but they're the same parts.

Yeah that's what I figured