GrizzlyBear

Audioscape door pods

Hello all, I recently got these pods and was wondering if any owners of audioscape pods could verify if these are the real deal? They were fitted to an early type interior (same as my car) and don't have the window switches on them so I don't know of audioscape did 'early' type pod as I've only seen ones with the switches. I paid £45 for these and just interested to know more about them. I'm planning to install them in my car and do they just screw on to the original holes or do I have to screw through the door card and make more holes? Thanks in advance, Mick.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]85242[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85243[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]85258[/ATTACH]

Edited by GrizzlyBear

The audioscapes speaker housings were angled upwards - cant quite see that on my phone tbh.

The audioscapes speaker housings were angled upwards - cant quite see that on my phone tbh.

Yes they seem to be angled. Apologies for the picture quality.

easypops- sorry mate I'm keeping these, going to get them in tomorrow hopefully. Sorry :(

VAG- thank you, a guy was selling a whole interior and I offered £40 for both speaker pods seperatley and he accepted it with £5 postage on top. I'm happy I got them at a good price and can't wait to get them in and see how much of an improvement they'll be over stock!

easypops- sorry mate I'm keeping these, going to get them in tomorrow hopefully. Sorry :(

No worries mate, you know where I am if you get bored of them ;)

They are genuine OK. They did sets for the early Corrados which had the switches on the door cards, which is what you have, as well as sets for the later cars with the switches on the actual pods. You got the bargain of a lifetime there.

Oosh, that is a proper bargain! Nice find

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

that is exactly what i thought! lol

even better than my £120 wilwoods ;)

how the blimey hell did you get wilwood's for that!?

i had to ensure fitment under the 15" speedline so went HiSpec, brand new yes but a lot more than £120 lol

how the blimey hell did you get wilwood's for that!?

i had to ensure fitment under the 15" speedline so went HiSpec, brand new yes but a lot more than £120 lol

How come you went with hi-spec calipers rather than the 288's? Are you planning to turbo in the future?

How come you went with hi-spec calipers rather than the 288's? Are you planning to turbo in the future?

good question Jim - there was a lot of deliberating

i tried to compare the cost of all options, so looked at replacing standard, 288's & 'other options'

i didnt want to only replace one standard caliper as knowing luck etc the other would fail or stick soon after

i also needed discs & pads so to put new, well refurbed as new as that is all you can buy i belive, standard kit on was going to be around £390 if i used the same EBC USR discs

288's i knew would fit under a 15" but again they would be a refurbed set (if i could find some), or a second hand set of which i would have no real idea about how much use i would get out of them before they needed a refurb, or buy a set & send them for refurb before fitting

thus i did some educated guess work math on the 288's, calculating cost for 2nd hand set, cost for refurb, new discs/pads & new braided brake lines with banjo's

then i looked into what 'new' options there were, whilst bearing in mind that dragon_green on here has HiSpecs on his rado under standard wheels as i definitely could not afford to buy new wheels as well lol

i should mention that with my VR's dodgy ABS i used to have issues with locking up under heavy braking, though this was eased very much with the USR discs & green stuff pads, but i was a little loathed to replace old crap standard brakes with crap new standard brakes lol

when i did the math the figures for all 3 options were not that far apart & for around an extra 150 notes i could have brand new rather than refurb calipers but also a 'proper' caliper.

i say 'proper' as with the standard & 288's they are what i believe is called a floating setup rather than a 'true' caliper. IE where both sides of the caliper are static & the pistons move the pads either side onto the disc (forgive me if that is slightly wrong but hopefully you get the gist)

as well as this the HiSpecs are 4 pot, giving much greater application to the pad with 4 pistons & i believe a bigger pad swept area than the other 2 options

finally, due to a little vanity, i have always wanted to have yellow calipers on the VR in homage to the porsche GT2 calipers which are always yellow lol

as such i now have these & these :D lol

EDIT: i forgot to say, no, no plans for turbo sadly. i would like to but i am realistic in the costs & it is not just the stealth kit....very BIG brakes, bigger wheels, potential bottom end rebuild & gearbox internal strengthening has got to come out over 10K lol

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

Fitted today, fit great no issues with reduced space in the cabin! Sound great as well :)03aabe728abebb90f9bb04a4ecbaa9ed.jpg9d0a656dce00f96fdd9a0579c6c1c43a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be getting the audioscape logos on them as well, only came with one so my dear mother (works at a technical college) is going to make me one so I have both :) also my passenger side window didn't work, so one smack to the motor with a hammer and it works again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look great. And that sounds like the best repair ever

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

They look great. And that sounds like the best repair ever

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. And yeah I was well chuffed. Although I had a spare mechanism ready to fit in it but I can just keep it as a spare.

Audioscape logos you say..? :bounce2:

The brushed aluminium logo that stick on to the speaker grill, mine only came with one some I'm making one up to go onto the other one bud.

Yep, that's what I thought mate. Mine came with none *cries*. I bet they'll be quite tricky to do, is it worth having a run up? Like, I dunno, maybe make 3 and choose the best one..? But then you'll be lumbered with 2 I guess...