VR-OOM

Advice - Breaking a VR6

Hi Guys, some advice and your thoughts please.

I came across an N plate VR6 this morrning that had sideswipped a central barrier and I have been offered it for reapir or breaking.

In my opinion its not going to be cost effective to reapair as the rear quarters damaged so was wondering whats its value as a

breaker?

A few details about the car, its a 94/96 N palte VR6 with 70k on the clock, colour dark metallic green (can never remember whether its

Classic or Dragon), has a full black leather interior and the guy's looking for around £1,500.

Quite frankly if I'm going to have the car sat for months then I can't be arsed but if I can shift a good part of the car quickly

and recoup my costs then I'm tempeted.

Advice and your thoughts Welcome.

Cheers James

Hi I will buy the leather interior of you,two front wings+drivers door+drivers side front fog light+door lining,thanks John 07739406924

Never done it but, if you have the time it may be worth it... posting stuff out to people and listing adverts take a while...

I'm collecting switches at the moment... abs, heated rear window. Heated seats switch.. electric windows switch . if your breaking.

Does it have the standard five spoke Speedlines? I'd be interested if they are decent and straight after its little bump.

Also a working sunroof motor would be handy!

Thanks.

Guys, thanks for all the replies, having weighed up the practicalities etc I've decided not to purchase the car but I've asked the owner to keep me informed of what happens to the car and if it goes to a breakers I'll get the details and keep you all informed.

Cheers James

Thanks,could you please pass my number on to the guy for the leather.thanks

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Will do

Never done it but, if you have the time it may be worth it... posting stuff out to people and listing adverts take a while...

I'm collecting switches at the moment... abs, heated rear window. Heated seats switch.. electric windows switch . if your breaking.

mate you you after switches give me a shout as have a few

I paid half that for my breaker with recaros. 1400 is steeeeep!!

Thing is Chris they are going up in price so breakers will be aswell. The last leather I seen sold went for 800 quid so wont be far off with leathers and engine

Hi Guys, some advice and your thoughts please.

I came across an N plate VR6 this morrning that had sideswipped a central barrier and I have been offered it for reapir or breaking.

In my opinion its not going to be cost effective to reapair as the rear quarters damaged so was wondering whats its value as a

breaker?

A few details about the car, its a 94/96 N palte VR6 with 70k on the clock, colour dark metallic green (can never remember whether its

Classic or Dragon), has a full black leather interior and the guy's looking for around £1,500.

Quite frankly if I'm going to have the car sat for months then I can't be arsed but if I can shift a good part of the car quickly

and recoup my costs then I'm tempeted.

Advice and your thoughts Welcome.

Cheers James

Hi James I know you have passed on it but as said its very time consuming even if you are handy with a spanner. The time comes in listing and posting the parts.

Is he advertising this at all? I could be interested if I can convince the missus

Do it do it do it

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I've got the space, it's the time. Wouldn't mind some bits off it myself

The space is key mate time will be on your side am sure

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

I broke a G60 on my drive in late 2016 on my own. It took 2 weekends to strip every last nut a bolt off before the shell was taken away.

I've done it before so knew the score and had prepared for the strip down.

You'll need a reasonable tool kit.

If you do it i'd advice draining all fluids first and don't forget to crack the wheel hub nuts whilst the car is still on the ground!

Plan your day, know the jobs you are going to tackle and how things come apart and be careful. A big breaker bar is a must. Air tools make the job easier.

It's not as bad as it sounds.

I've got the space, it's the time. Wouldn't mind some bits off it myself

This was my motivation. I decided the best way to keep a G60 on the road is to have spares. Breaking the green G60 yielded most of the parts I know are difficult to obtain.

Thing is Chris they are going up in price so breakers will be aswell. The last leather I seen sold went for 800 quid so wont be far off with leathers and engine

Crikey! 800 for an interior? Things are on the up :)