matteusVR6

Bmc cda

After hastily selling my CDA due to plans of selling my Corrado (something I couldn't bring myself to do) I've realised I need one back in my life.

Looking for one in very good condition please.

Cheers.

Massively. Cheers, I don't really put the foot down so much these days but at least with that fitted you can still enjoy the V6 purr! I've emailed Stealth to see if I can get a repeat purchase discount :bonk:

Massively. Cheers, I don't really put the foot down so much these days but at least with that fitted you can still enjoy the V6 purr! I've emailed Stealth to see if I can get a repeat purchase discount :bonk:

Venom motorsport sell brand new for £157...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they really make much of a difference?. Supposedly because of the carbon it intakes cooler air , but I'm not convinced they are any louder in roar intake than a KnN filter . A mate had one , I don't think there was much difference in noise .

I found the K and N loud all the time, it was a bit too hooligan for my liking and soon got annoying, the CDA is nice and subtle unless you want it to get loud

They aren't shouty when your just cruising at steady speed like cone filters, but you don't half get a great sound when you plant your foot!

As far as intake temps go, I'm not sure on how much it really makes a difference, but there was a back to back test using a standard paper in the standard air box vs a K&N cone vs the BMC. The BMC gave a bit better power output than the paper panel filter, and the K&N actually reduced power. Would I pay full asking price for one - probably not. I got a decent second hand one in the end with a spare filter, mounting bracket & the intake adaptor/coupler hose for £100 which I was reasonably happy to pay.

Yes I remember it was louder generally but as Sean says louder all the time, and was just plain annoying if at steady speed whereas the BMC can be driven quietly if you want to but still sounds mean if you give it the beans

Venom motorsport sell brand new for £157...

Cheers Spen, I'm sure it was around that from Stealth and included the brackets and connecting rubber/pipe for the MAF, not sure if other sellers include that?

Good info Sean , thanks . I have a KnN, was it down by a lot Sean ?.

Edited by robrado974

I don't think a huge amount, though I can't remember specifics tbh Rob. Have a search, it was a thread on here a while back iirc.

To be honest Ive had all i.e. open cone, BMC, std then std box with trumpet removed and the std with trumpet removed gives a very similar sound to the BMC......and costs £0. It also looks better so save your pennies IMO.

To be honest Ive had all i.e. open cone, BMC, std then std box with trumpet removed and the std with trumpet removed gives a very similar sound to the BMC......and costs £0. It also looks better so save your pennies IMO.

Do you mean standard airbox with paper filter and the piece removed between airbox and headlight?

There is a plastic pipe (trumpet) inside the airbox lower half. I removed this when I had the K&N panel filter in, but didn't think it made the slightest bit of difference. Im a tad deaf, but I simply couldn't hear the engine rumble at all. Hence the reason I went for a BMC.

Ah ok, cheers. Full price is a kick in the nuts but for me it just sounds so much better than any other combo I've heard when you give it a blip and the fact it can still sound standard when pootling along!

I was a bit hasty in selling my last one so looks like I need another overtime shift

I've got a Pipercross filter sitting in garage, only had on for couple of months so in perfect nick, their foam and work pretty well, I changed to BMC Carbon which do prefer for reasons mentioned above but Pipercross was louder, lovely intake roar, been known to frighten people in Tyne Tunnel, and very good filter, I also adapted it to take a second bracket at front, hate filters waggling around at all. Mines got a heat shield too, without heat shield even louder.

Was gonna lob it on Ebay, £25 if ya fancy it.

The BMC filter really made for a cold air feed, but only way could see of doing efficiently would be to remove a fog light, which don't reallt want to do, anybody sussed anything there. Ditched my carbon canister so there is a big whole there, just where intake sits, but putting a cold air feed through it, just to point down, doesn't seem worthwhile.

Hi Jekel, thanks for the offer but I'm gonna stick to the standard airbox n filter for now unless a decent CDA comes up. Sorry for the delayed response.

I had a Ramair cossie induction kit on my Golf VR, sounded like a TVR when you opened it up

Haha, sounds interesting! I loved the CDA to be honest so not really considering alternatives. Will just bite the bullet and get a new one if I have no joy here

I have a brand new one still in the box that I will be selling towards the end of the month if you are interested?

Sent from my SM-J500H using Tapatalk