dasbozo

Vr6 obd1 vag com

Hello, I have been searching a little while to find out if my 1992 vw corrado 2.8l vr6 obd1 can be properly read/diagnosed with vag com? Would i be better off puting in an led test like thing( doesnt have check engine light) and "flashing" codes. Also ive been reading alot on how to do that as well and ive found a lot of mixed descriptions. Some say jump pin 4 and 15. Others say jump brown wire from black scan connector and yellow from right IIRC. I have a bentley and im working on reading through it...and figuring out how exactly to find what im looking for lol. Sorry if i looked over anything in search and wasted anyones time with a new post.

Yes, VAG.COM will work fine - I use it all the time on my 93 VR6. All Corrados were OBD1 from the factory. Compared to a modern car you will only be able to interrogate the engine ECU and the ABS system, so quite limited. For the earlier cars you will also need a 2x2 adapter cable as they were not fitted with a standard OBD socket.

Thank you very much for the info. So with vag com ill just be able to read codes? Wont be able to do any of the "tricks/features" for examples door chiming, dyno, washer fluid warning off etc etc? If thats the case then might as well just build one of those led test lights and flash the codes i suppose. I also read that you can swap out the obd1 2x2 plugs with nearly any ob2 plug which seems like a wonderful idea if i do go ahead and get vag com. Just really dont wana dump all that cash on it if im only able to do the same things i could with blinking codes.

Don't think there are many features to change tbh, and not heard of any of those certainly! It's VAG tacho you need for that anyway mate.