Swompy

Swompy's Corrado No:3 1992 VR6

Doh. Not sure if you knew this already, but the bearing is actually encased a little in the pulley and you need to trim away some of the plastic lip holding it in (with a Stanley knife or similar) before trying to press it out, to allow for easier extraction.

Yeah found that out after I ruined this one. Lucky Ian has one spare so will pop and see him this weekend

Busy day today sorting out the auxiliary belt and belt tension-er bearing as well as changing the rear lights to some tinted ones.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86831[/ATTACH]

Two about to become one! Makes hell of a difference if you put the pulley in the oven and the bearing in the freezer before hand, slips in nice and easily then.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86834[/ATTACH]

All installed back on the car and the squeaking sound has gone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86837[/ATTACH]

New lights going on

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86840[/ATTACH]

All fitted

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86843[/ATTACH]

Old lights before I wrap them up for storage. any part I take off that isn't broken will be kept safe and secure just in case.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86846[/ATTACH]

So been doing some thinking/planning and hopefully have an idea of what I want to do.

1st thing will be to get the underside stripped, treat any rust/rot the re-seal everything underneath.

2nd move onto the body work same again stripped back treat any rust/roar and decent spray job.

3rd powder coat all subfrsmes, wishbone rear beam ect. Along with new bushes, upgraded ARB, brakes, suspension and all other parts associated with the frames. Plus branded hose's fuel lines. Along witb some nice wheels

4th performance upgrades would love to completely strip the engine and build from the ground up some sort of forced induction engine with all the bells and whistles. Along with the gearbox. This stage will be last as the engine is solid at the moment after a stealth rebuild 10 years ago.

I want to complete as much of this myself but most of it will have to wait till I move to a house with a decent size garage

Had a few "subtle" upgrades done over the last month. Had a custom remap done by CrazyDave. Found out it already had a map chip installed but Dave's map is better balanced and gives better performance all round. Today I installed a BMC CDA they're worth their weight in gold just for the sound they produce.

Next on the list is to sort a small bit of rust behind the rear bumper then time to start collecting parts for the under side refresh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87608[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87611[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87614[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87617[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87620[/ATTACH]

Hi, watching your thread with interest. Couple of weeks ago, I bought my 3rd VR6 after a 9 year gap. It is also a 92 (K), flash red, with early interior, facelift exterior. Having looked at several, I bought this one because it is really clean in and out, and runs really well after a Stealth head rebuild, chains and other bits about 10 years ago then driven hardly since. The owner before last had it 15 years and money seems to have been no problem :-)

Your jobs list looks remarkably similar to mine, please let us know what you use and what works well. I'm busy with work at the moment, but got 2 weeks off work at end of the month, so plan to service it, do some jobs, then enjoy it for a while before sticking it in my workshop for a full OEM+ restoration.

Never get bored of the sound of a VR6!! Hope your project goes well. Regards, James

Join the club mate i hardly done anything on my last one so want to learn and get hands on with this one.

One word of advice is get yourself a Bentley corrado manual if you haven't already

Well the corrado threw it's first wobble today. Pulled up at some traffic lights to see what I thought was smoke bellowing out from under the bonnet. Fortunately it was steam.

The hose that goes from the cylinder head to the heater matrix split chucking water all over the exhaust manifold heat shield.

Fun times

Same thing happened to me days after getting major work done from Stealth. I got the original hose new only done 100 or so miles if your interested. I made the switch to Roose kit.

Cost me £67, and its still virtually new, so not sure what its worth now. £55 inc postage.

Can e-mail you pics if interested.

Gus.

Ok mate. VW heritage do them for £25 But it's out of stock. If I get stuck then I'll be in contact. Appreciate the offer

As mentioned the one I have is an OE VW item, but let me know if your interested.

Well unfortunately I have decided my time as a Corrado owner is truly over just don't have the love for them anymore despite them being an awesome car.

Ive hardly use it this year so will be selling it in the coming weeks after a mot and service.

Well car fired up straight away yesterday and drive really well down to where it's getting serviced and MOT. Sounded amazing

Hahaha if I had enough money to not worry about keeping one I would :bonk:

Well it past the MOT couple of little things that need sorting but once they're done it'll be up for sale

Well I'm affriad this is it. The VR6 went to its new home in the weekend and Im confident I won't be returning to Corrado ownership in the future unless I win the lotto!! (Never say never) fantastic cars I just don't have the time or money to enjoy one to the fullest.

This VR6 has gone to a good owner. Young and enthusiastic so hopefully he'll enjoy it as much as I did.