Swompy

Swompy's Corrado No:3 1992 VR6

Well ladies and gentalmen it has been a while but I am now back into the addiction that is corrado ownership :cheers:

Picked up a 1992 VR6 from Mark aka Wardyblade earlier today from Dronfield. Inittialy had Vag-Hag check the car out for me as it was 100+miles away. After Chris gave me fantastic feedback with loads of information about the car I made the decising to go up and view the car myself with the potential of buying it. And as you can all see I came away as the new owner.

Its a 1992 VR6 in Moonlight blue, has done 133k miles and 10 years ago (50k miles) it had an engine rebuild which was completed by Stealth Raceing. Its an early VR6 so has an early interior and late exterior with a working sunroof. How I've missed owning a car with a sunroof. I have a folder rammed full of recipts and a log book that has every single stamp space filled, will need to get a new log book after the next service.

It has a couple of body work issues but its something youd expect with a car of this age. So going to focuse on getting them sorted first as the car itself is mechanically sound.

Any way enough talking heres some photos

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86168[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86171[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86174[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]86180[/ATTACH]

Thanks everyone. These cars should come with an addiction warning label

Hey Jake aka Swompy,

Great news glad to see you back in a Corrado. Looks v.g in those pictures. Would be good to bump into you this season, are you planning on going to any shows?

Welcome back mate, looks a very nice example.

One question, why does it appear that you have the remains of a fleece or two at the back of your garage?

Katie Prices hair extensions?

Welcome back

Hey Jake aka Swompy,

Great news glad to see you back in a Corrado. Looks v.g in those pictures. Would be good to bump into you this season, are you planning on going to any shows?

Hey Oz hows things? it's been a while! I havent planned on going to any but now i have a nrw job weekends are free so bristol VW fest is highly likely

Welcome back mate, looks a very nice example.

One question, why does it appear that you have the remains of a fleece or two at the back of your garage?

Thanks dude. Haha it's a Ghillie cape, use it when I play Airsoft

Welcome back to the fold . Looks like you have picked a good one , great that Chris went and had a look for you .

Yeah the drive home was great and a really solid car.

I owe Chris a pint when I see him that's for sure

Yeah the drive home was great and a really solid car.

I owe Chris a pint when I see him that's for sure

Glad you like it Jake. I'm glad you bought it and will take care of it. It's a great car and it will be missed!

Please remember to give me first refusal when you do eventually choose to sell it

Mike

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Glad you like it Jake. I'm glad you bought it and will take care of it. It's a great car and it will be missed!

Please remember to give me first refusal when you do eventually choose to sell it

Mike

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mike dont worry you will have first refusal if I ever decied to sell.

I don't know but there should be!

Just been wuited £480 to sort the body work issues and around £1800-£2000 for a full respray. Are these good prices?

Got another place to go get a quote from as well.

Looks really nice Jake. Great colour. Bet it felt great to be back behind the wheel of a Corrado 8)

Thanks Andy yeah feels great to drive again and the sound is what makes it so good

Well i tried yo change the auxiliary belt and the tensioner bearing but didn't go as planned. Bearing didn't want to come out and ended up putting a crack in the pully :bonk:

So need yo get a new pully then I'll finish it all off