culshaw

Bargain restoration project

Not sure bargain is the right word :lol: You can get one that hasn't been pulled to bits for not a lot more. Probably get sold as parts

Gee 17 bids now at £4100.00, Some people are just plan MAD there are better Corrado for sale for much less.

Gee 17 bids now at £4100.00, Some people are just plan MAD there are better Corrado for sale for much less.

i thought similar

the gf parted with her storm for less than that a while ago & it was in very good condition

though it makes me happy as bodes well for both mine lol

crazy current bid price considering it is a non runner with advised knackered engine

Not to mention weird noise above 10MPH - gearbox?

•Interior Leather is not in great condition...

Brakes need replacing, bodywork not the best

•PAYMENT VIA BANK TRANSFER ONLY, to have been received by collection date (having problems verifying Paypal account) - of course I will, even before I've seen it in the flesh and you having zero feedback..............

Not to mention weird noise above 10MPH - gearbox?

•Interior Leather is not in great condition...

Brakes need replacing, bodywork not the best

•PAYMENT VIA BANK TRANSFER ONLY, to have been received by collection date (having problems verifying Paypal account) - of course I will, even before I've seen it in the flesh and you having zero feedback..............

ha ha ha - joker sellers as well as joker traders lately lol

holy cow! 4100 notes!!! reads a bit like mine did when I got it... certainly wasn't that much cash!

I don't think that's astronomical money but still over priced. I'd imagine it would probably sell at close to that if the dealer held onto it for a little while

yup, the dealers especially

my gf's old storm is still on the traders site for £9k many months later (which is way more than he haggled it for!!)

Indeed they are, but I've noticed most of them don't sell. There's a Storm on Autotrader again he wanted £6100 for it, but it's backup for £4700ish oh along with a big dent on the drives wing!

Edited by Dogma

People and trader's especially seem to be hiking the prices up before they are actually going up, if you know what I mean?!

People and trader's especially seem to be hiking the prices up before they are actually going up, if you know what I mean?!

Indeed everyone wants to be rich I guess! ;)

I don't think it's owners, in fact it has probably been the other way around from experience. There have been some very good reviews in press over the last 2 years or so as they start coming into the classic bracket. Traders have obviously seen this and have adjusted asking prices accordingly. Private owners have then (rightly so) adjusted their expectations of what they're worth so prices have definitely increased in this time. The vast majority of old dogs have been broken for parts, so the volume for sale has gone down whilst the standard has gone up.

I don't think it's owners, in fact it has probably been the other way around from experience. There have been some very good reviews in press over the last 2 years or so as they start coming into the classic bracket. Traders have obviously seen this and have adjusted asking prices accordingly. Private owners have then (rightly so) adjusted their expectations of what they're worth so prices have definitely increased in this time. The vast majority of old dogs have been broken for parts, so the volume for sale has gone down whilst the standard has gone up.

I think your right I wouldn't mind paying a higher price as long as the car was in a good state, but a lot I've seen for sale are not and seem to had a very hard life of just left to slowly rot!

I guess I can't complain to much after all it means mines is only going up as well, as long as I don't kill it! :)

Edited by Dogma

i agree sean & we should all be happy with a general rise in values

there is a case of some traders trying to make a rather inflated margin on them though - the lying scum who drove away with my gf's old storm has more than doubled the money on his asking price & i doubt (well, pretty much know) he has not 'fixed' many of the things he was moaning about - including the chains

i thought people were posting bargains on this thread and was hoping someone might see this and post something up, but clearly, that is suspicious sorry

i thought people were posting bargains on this thread and was hoping someone might see this and post something up, but clearly, that is suspicious sorry

No bargains in this thread just shocked people! :)

No bargains in this thread just shocked people! :)

i know i realise, they put me on the watchlist and everything...