j_s14a

Black leather heated Recaro interior - what is it worth?

DSC_0202_zpsneyiszro.jpg

DSC_0205_zps2ibtrol9.jpg

Just wanting to know what you guys think this is worth. Had paintwork issues with the car after having it sprayed, and I'm having to take the guy to court. But i'm going back into education in a few weeks, and really need to free up some funds for a little runabout. Everything works (electric heating and movement), and it's in very good order. It has minimal wear on the outer drivers side bolster, but it's about as good as you'll find for an original, non retrimmed set.

Very very interested in these if you sell please I have leather already if you want to swap and cash your way for front seats or happy to buy whole lot let me know cheers

I also have a cloth interior you can have for free if you sell to me :-)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Also v interested, keep me updated please

There's a set of cloth ones here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-HEATED-ELECTRIC-BACKREST-AND-HEIGHT-RECARO-SEATS-GOLF-MK1-MK2/272515685208?_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dfd59f986eee64dc894e8793aced10e86%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D272047129962&_trkparms=pageci%253Ae0aa2c1b-3348-11e7-87e1-74dbd180ceef%257Cparentrq%253Ae3e965c115b0ab6bf8c144dfffffcdce%257Ciid%253A1

I take it that's a ridiculous sum for tatty cloth ones?

I was hoping they were worth in the £2k ballpark, but I honestly don't know as I've seen so few come up for sale lately, hence this thread. Sorry to say I wouldn't let them go for around the £1200 mark, removing them would knock too much of the value of the car to be worth it.

They would be complete with all the wiring, heated seat switch etc.

Be a shame to take them out the car unless it's no good I'm after a blackberry at the right money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a blackberry VR6 with 100k on the clock (maybe slightly over). Interior as above, recently refurbished stock wheels. But it needs a full respray, as when I had it painted a couple of years ago, they seeminly got moisture in the paint, which has resulted in micro-blisters all over the car, so it needs a full respray.

Not sure how much it is worth in the current condition, but I'm aiming to get a settlement from the painter as the car would be worth £9k IMO if it was as it should be.

That cloth recaro been on e-bay for about 6 months. I e-mailed the seller with a cheeky price which they refused. I was being a little cheeky offering you £1200. Do you have any detailed pics of the front seats? Where are you located?

It's a blackberry VR6 with 100k on the clock (maybe slightly over). Interior as above, recently refurbished stock wheels. But it needs a full respray, as when I had it painted a couple of years ago, they seeminly got moisture in the paint, which has resulted in micro-blisters all over the car, so it needs a full respray.

Not sure how much it is worth in the current condition, but I'm aiming to get a settlement from the painter as the car would be worth £9k IMO if it was as it should be.

Did you keep the car under a cover ?

I only ask,as covers are notorious for causing micro blistering

Wish you were the seller VAG-hag :-)

That was pretty much the going rate until quite recently. Its only over the last year that prices for both cars and parts have increased quite dramatically!

Glad I bought when I did. I'm sure I paid 1500 ish and mine are stone cold mint. What would you say they are worth Sean?

I don't mind paying more than £1200 but they would need to be absolute mint. Would certainly need to see more detailed photos please j_s14a :-)

Hi, without wanting to hijack the thread!!

How do recaro leather seats differ to 'normal' leather seats?

Is it just the side bolsters are bigger? Would recaro be marked anywhere on the west?

I ask as I have a set of seats from a vr6 that look just like these!

Hi, without wanting to hijack the thread!!

How do recaro leather seats differ to 'normal' leather seats?

Is it just the side bolsters are bigger? Would recaro be marked anywhere on the west?

I ask as I have a set of seats from a vr6 that look just like these!

They seats are a completely different design to the regular leather seats. On the leather seats, 'Recaro' is embossed into the back rests.

Yes just the front seats, larger bolsters with recaro name on back rest of seat. They do look a lot sexier than the original seat :-) are you selling yours?

I don't mind paying more than £1200 but they would need to be absolute mint. Would certainly need to see more detailed photos please j_s14a :-)

They aren't museum pieces, but they are very good.

I'll have to get some proper pics in the next few days, but this is what I have saved on the computer

DSC_0855_zpsd69fdf09.jpg

DSC_0854_zps84f7c8e6.jpg

DSC_0833_zps5a3cb75f.jpg

DSC_0856_zpsbb01afef.jpg

I'll have a better look tomorrow... but I don't remember seeing recaro on them so maybe they aren't.. and the latches for pushing the seat foreward look different on mine too

Edited by Zyclamvw-scirocco

Glad I bought when I did. I'm sure I paid 1500 ish and mine are stone cold mint. What would you say they are worth Sean?

There are quite a few marks and defects on these, that said there seem to be quite a few people willing to part with their cash even on this thread! As you've mentioned Chris, you paid £1500 and yours are mint. The seller could probably put these on ebay and get £1500 now if no one on here wanted them.

Remember, these were a very expensive factory option. Elec adjustable including all that has already been said also.

Its the fact they're so hard to come by now that ensures prices remain high.

There are quite a few marks and defects on these, that said there seem to be quite a few people willing to part with their cash even on this thread! As you've mentioned Chris, you paid £1500 and yours are mint. The seller could probably put these on ebay and get £1500 now if no one on here wanted them.

Remember, these were a very expensive factory option. Elec adjustable including all that has already been said also.

Its the fact they're so hard to come by now that ensures prices remain high.

Nice one Sean. I wonder how many were sold with them. Do you recall the price of them new?

There are quite a few marks and defects on these

I think considering they are at least 22 years old, they are in very good order. Yes, of course they are used seats, and so they are not perfect, but in the context of their age and use, I doubt there are *many* better sets around (although it sounds like VAG-hag might have some), especially in fully working order.

Another benefit of these is they seem to free up a bit more leg room in the back compared to the regular seats. I had 4 adults in mine to London and back in a weekend (a 400 mile trip from here), and even my friend say behind me was comfortable. Good bit of design by VW / Recaro :)