Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Favourite car you've ever driven....?

it's got the record for highest percentage of owners it's killed...

My favorite car of all time, we all die at some point and to be fair I'd be happy to die behind the wheel of a Cobra :lol:

As for the skid marks, the closing scene of Bad Boys pretty much sums that up!

shame that when it hit the wall it was SOOOOOO blatently fibreglass.... :roll: :(

Lunch time today I was offered a drive in the sales director's Alpina B10 V8 so naturally I took his arm off along with the keys :lol:

4.6L with 412bhp.....................

Excellent car all round and very quiet and smooth even with the right foot planted.

Among the gadgets there is a TV built into the dash that doubles up as voice activated SAT NAV and double glazing 8)

E36 BMW M3 Evolution, the sound, the acceleration and the effortless cornering.

Other than that, a 911 GT3 RS. But i work for Porsche, so unfortunately I see them as just another car. Driven every car in the range and if i was to own any car, it would be a Boxster S. You just cant get better handling.

Take loads of cars in Part Ex which we use as hack abouts until we trade them on, and the most dissappointing car i ever drove was a TVR Chimera. Lusted after those when i was younger, and they are absolutely sh*t!

Smoothest and most attention grabbing was definately the Bentley Continental GT, but really quite dull to drive.

Still enjoy giving it some in the VR when i get home though. :twisted:

I think i've come to the conclusion that I need to work for a garage or dealership (like Porsche) so I can drive some of these amazing cars!

As it is I just have no chance to drive ANYTHING good!!

Well I have just driven my mates IMMACULATE in EVERY WAY MK1 Golf GTI.... is running a 2.0 Audi block and throttle body / uprated cam / exhaust / fuelling / poly bushes / arb's / koni suspension / full 16v brake setup / 15 inch alloys.... just to name a FEW of the things he has done...

Its the most fun I have ever had in a car full stop - it makes you want to drive it like a complete loon ALL the time....

160bhp in a shell that weighs around 800kg?.. CRAZY... revs into the red and out the other side till hits the limiter :shock:

It revs out in 5th gear bouncing off the limiter...

I LOVE IT!

It reminds me so much of my old MK1 GTE but has more power and revs faster ... :twisted:

It might not be flash compared to some of the stuff you have mentioned but it certainly turns heads where ever you go in it.... :D

Caterham R500, no contest! 0-60 in 3.4 secs, 0-100-0 in 11.44

On a track day too, i didnt know cars could go round corners that fast!!! :shock: :twisted:

Check the ones it beat..

Caterham Seven R500 11.44 secs

Pagani C12 S 11.84 secs

Porsche 911 twin turbo 13.02 secs

Radical SR3 13.20 secs

Lamborghini Murcielago 13.90 secs

Mercedes SL55 15.15 secs

TRV Tamora 15.20 secs

Evo RS Sprint 15.90 secs

Audi RS6 16.75 secs

Impreza STi 18.40 secs

Driven every car in the range and if i was to own any car, it would be a Boxster S. You just cant get better handling.

People slag off the Boxster S all the time saying "its a poor mans 911" I had the privilege of driving a 996 and a Boxster S round a track and i'd of chosen the Boxster every time.. A superbly balanced machine! A 993 C4 might be a different story :)

At the risk of upsetting the NoRicer brigade, the best I ever drove was my last car. Honda Integra Type R (01- DC5), 220bhp straight out of the box, track-designed and boy, didn't it show! 8400rpm redline, vtec kicks in like a turbo at 6000rpm, and all at under 1050kgs.

Smoothest and most attention grabbing was definately the Bentley Continental GT, but really quite dull to drive.

I thought it was great to drive. Handles quite nice when driven hard but it does understear a bit. Still a nice drive. And the zorst note is great when the windows are down.

0-62 in 5.7 s and that is 2.5ish tons. Tis great

Gman

At the risk of upsetting the NoRicer brigade, the best I ever drove was my last car. Honda Integra Type R (01- DC5), 200bhp straight out of the box, track-designed and boy, didn't it show! 8400rpm redline, vtec kicks in like a turbo at 6000rpm, and all at under 1050kgs... Here are a couple of shots of my last day of ownership.

That is what I would trade my VR6 in for... :twisted:

My fave was my cousins '89 Porsche 911 ClubSport. I've never felt anything pick-up like it! And the sound of that air-cooled flat six!!! :shock:

It felt like someone was kicking me in the back and punchin me in the chest at the same time!!

I would have to say for sheer ability my pals RS4 comes close. The only times I've driven it it's been pouring down and the car didn't bat an eyelid.

My Corrado VR6 is also up there.

But my all time favourite so far was my 1st car. A 1972 1100cc mini with flared arches, 10 x 6 White Wella wheels, flared arch extensions, no bumpers and a bucket drivers seat. That car was quick, bouncy, handled like only original Mini's can and is still the most fun I've ever had in a car. I could drive the 15 miles from Stonehaven to Aberdeen over the back country roads without touching the brakes...... :D

I have a couple.

Off roading a toyota Hilux through the jungle out in africa (I only broke 2 of the windows) I had a local runing down the 2 mile long track with a peice of wood to help me when i got stuck in exchange for a sandwich!!! 8)

Power sliding a bedford Rascal :evil: (pick-up) round a corner in between pipes full of boiling petrol at work

Because I used to look like one! :lol: when I wore my red overalls when i worked for esso.

I was out there working for a different comany it was a good laught. Watch out for the night fighters! :twisted: