sobinarthv

Hesitating to accelerate at low revs with misfire

Hi Guys,

I am having some issues with my vr6. The car is hesitating to accelerate at low reves and takes about a second and then it blast off. It seems fine if I am driving past the low reves. The car vibrates when idel and the engine vibrates when revving then its fine. It almost like one of the cylinder is misfire.

I have done the following so far:

- Cleaned the butterfly and the air intakes

- Changed ignition leads

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Can you get it scanned for fault codes using VCDS? It may highlight if a sensor is faulty and save you a lot of money replacing parts by trial and error.

At a guess it sounds like you have some unmetered air going in at idle, possibly a vacuum leak or a split breather or intake pipe.

Are all the leads seated correctly? You wouldn't be the first to not get one on correctly. I had similar symptoms and the rear middle was on, but not fully home. Also, worth trying a wee water mist over the coil pack to see if it's arcing (in the dark)

Another vote for coil-pack as a culprit. Would definitely try to borrow one as a test prior to buying one as a replacement.

Very easy to swap as well.

Another vote for coil-pack as a culprit. Would definitely try to borrow one as a test prior to buying one as a replacement.

Very easy to swap as well.

Thanks Jim but I need to find a dealer where I can do free returns.

Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am based in Harrow. Any good garage or people you can recommend?

If the engine doesn't respond to the pedal being pressed inspect all vac lines and breathers for splits where the engine can ingest air without it passing through the MAF (MAF reads air intake and the ECU uses this to calculate fuelling).

I am based in Harrow

I'm in Northwood. Drop me a line we can sort something out

In the meantime remove the spark plugs and see what they look like. Post a pic and we can help with a diagnosis. Remember to keep them in order so you know which cylinder is exhibiting issues.

I'm in Northwood. Drop me a line we can sort something out

In the meantime remove the spark plugs and see what they look like. Post a pic and we can help with a diagnosis. Remember to keep them in order so you know which cylinder is exhibiting issues.

Will do that, let me know location by PM. Thx