Fas

What is my VR6 Storm Worth?

Try again

Hi Guys

Thinking of re-advertising my VR6 Storm, what's it worth?

N reg 1995

115,450 Genuine Miles, Full Service History Comprising of 12 VW Services every year from new up until approximately 98,000 miles, Followed by several Independent Garage Services.

3 Former Keepers (have the original bill of sale from 1995)

Every single MOT certificates since 1998 (including old style certificates). Current MOT Valid until May 2018.

Correct Classic Green Colour code (LC6U), Cream Leather interior (rear seats appear unused), Air Conditioning model, heated front leather seats, electric sunroof, electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, BBS Solitude alloy wheels, electric spoiler (rises at 55-60mph), immobiliser, milltek sport exhaust, front fogs, all correct 'storm' features. Handbooks and manuals with car.

No corrosion/rust issues, general age related wear and tear but overall in very good original condition. Engine and gearbox are superb with no mechanical glitch. Well maintained throughout its life with no expense spared.

Bad Points:

Some scratches on sunroof area

Dent on OS wing which has been dent busted previously but paint has chipped

Sunroof works but sometimes temperamental on closing (a small tap on switch does trick)

Air-con may need regas to check functionality

Alloys could do with a refurb

Driver side seat bolster worn

Edited by Fas

I think you need 6 posts before you can post links / pics etc

Green or blue?

Try again

Hi Guys

Thinking of re-advertising my VR6 Storm, what's it worth?

N reg 1995

115,450 Genuine Miles, Full Service History Comprising of 12 VW Services every year from new up until approximately 98,000 miles, Followed by several Independent Garage Services.

3 Former Keepers (have the original bill of sale from 1995)

Every single MOT certificates since 1998 (including old style certificates). Current MOT Valid until May 2018.

Correct Classic Green Colour code (LC6U), Cream Leather interior (rear seats appear unused), Air Conditioning model, heated front leather seats, electric sunroof, electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking, BBS Solitude alloy wheels, electric spoiler (rises at 55-60mph), immobiliser, milltek sport exhaust, front fogs, all correct 'storm' features. Handbooks and manuals with car.

No corrosion/rust issues, general age related wear and tear but overall in very good original condition. Engine and gearbox are superb with no mechanical glitch. Well maintained throughout its life with no expense spared.

Bad Points:

Some scratches on sunroof area

Dent on OS wing which has been dent busted previously but paint has chipped

Sunroof works but sometimes temperamental on closing (a small tap on switch does trick)

Air-con may need regas to check functionality

Alloys could do with a refurb

Driver side seat bolster worn

likely due to them not seeing it yet & also due to the number of posts you have made so far, IE 1

after several posts you shouldnt need mod approval to make a new thread IIRC

I think you need 6 posts before you can post links / pics etc

Green or blue?

Yeah I'm pretty new here. So I will rack up 6 posts....thanks

£10.50 without any details

Behave! Be nice. I'm a newbie. I dedicate Post Number 4 to you.

Is it for sale anywhere else?

Not at the moment. Previously put it up on Gumtree.

Behave! Be nice. I'm a newbie. I dedicate Post Number 4 to you.

lol dont take any offence m8

all are a nice bunch on here, just a little joking around goes on

your posts are racking up nicely now :)

All good fun! I think I've made the milestone....

Welcome we're all a friendly bunch on here. I wasn't trying to be funny, without any information it's worth nothing... don't take this the wrong way. Is it a genuine storm... lots of green fakes around some on here. One guy bought one that he thought was a storm and vw Germany 🇩🇪 computer said no.

All good fun! I think I've made the milestone....

Welcome we're all a friendly bunch on here. I wasn't trying to be funny, without any information it's worth nothing... don't take this the wrong way. Is it a genuine storm... lots of green fakes around some on here. One guy bought one that he thought was a storm and vw Germany computer said no. Are you selling if so where you based.. most storms seem to be in Scotland.

Strange two posts... forum going mad again

Its about £60 and takes a few weeks for the certificate from Germany.

Are you selling if so where you based.. most storms seem to be in Scotland

Ha ha, all the cool Corrado's are coming up here :lol:

I don't include mine as cool btw :)

Im trying to post a reply for the 3rd time.

Something wrong with the forum?

Original VW sales invoice states the car as a Storm

LC6U color code on boot floor sticker

VW Milton Keynes I hear can verify authenticity?

Im trying to post a reply for the 3rd time.

Something wrong with the forum?

Original VW sales invoice states the car as a Storm

LC6U color code on boot floor sticker

VW Milton Keynes I hear can verify authenticity?

I've also replied few times... and the forum don't like it... sorry given up now. Their was also an offer of bacon that's gone :(

Lc6u was also a standard spec colour

Edited by delfinis38

My rado is also on an N'plate with LC5U paint code. I've always thought the Storm were two unique colours only for the storm models.

I've always thought the Storm were two unique colours only for the storm models.

Nope.

Classic green was a standard Corrado colour

N reg is more likely a Storm, as it fits the registration era that they were offered (April 95 - April 96). Mine was a late M plate (Feb 95) so this made me a little dubious in the first place. The Storm models were offered in Mystic Blue and Classic Green. The Mystic was unique to the Storm, but you could option Classic Green with Beige leather. If you managed to get hold of the badges (which were apparently easier to get hold of from the dealer than they should have been), then you could have easily turned it into a ringer. (like mine). Mine was originally registered to the supplying dealership, so I think they specced and badged it up to put in the showroom initially, but thats just me speculating obviously. Apparently Storms also had an orange coloured dipstick pull instead of red as well, though I can't confirm or deny that.