daniboy1_2_3

288mm upgrade

Hi im rebuilding a pair of 288mm front calipers and am on the hunt for a set of hoses that will fit. The car is a N reg Vr6 and the calipers are the banjo type. After searching the forum I've found a few options. Can anyone conform that 1H0611701B is the correct part number for one of the oem hoses for this set up please as i just want to be sure before ordering. The car is on standard suspension, cheers.

After speaking with my local VW parts department it looks like the VAG hoses mentioned in another thread have been discontinued which leaves this kit; SVW0604-6P. I'm still waiting to hear back from VW heritage

about a pair of conversion hoses just for front brakes made by Good ridge. Is it worth purchasing the SVW0604-6P kit and upgrading to the late mk3 golf rear calipers aswell?

Surely you just need the standard Golf VR6 front brake hoses then, if you don't want to go braided? These are still available.

Don't bother getting hoses from vw, just pop down to your local motor factors and buy late mk3 golf hoses, as long as they are banjo fitment.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Still waiting for vw heritage to get back in touch about the goodridge kit and whether they can justvsupply the front hoses. I'd imagine this would place more strain on the other rubber flex pipes though. What calipers are worth upgrading to for the rears as ive heard the standard vr6 rear calipers suede up?. Ideally I'd buy a lot that would allow me to replace all the hoses and upgrade the rear calipers. I dont want to have to buy a full kit only to be able to use the front hoses. Are the golf vr6 calipers that would come in the kit a worthwhile upgrade?

Sorry i know this topic had been done to death and I have been using the search function but can anyone advise me on the correct goodridge kit and what rear calipers that kit suits and whether it would be worth replacing the rears also. Thanks.

Common upgrade for rear calipers are the alloy ones typically fitted to Golf mk4 with solid rear discs (not vented like on the 4motions/r32 and gti)

Try looking at HEL hoses. I’m sure they’ll do individual hoses or pairs to meet your requirements.

Hi mate juat looking at that goodridge kit it would make sense to get that and go brand new calipers on the rear how much are you looking for the pair of calipers?

Sorry just realised your selling the front rubber flex hoses. Can the calipers be had New?

You’ll be able to buy reconditioned/remanufactured items from most motor factors but just a word of warning, they often provide calipers that have subtle differences. Make sure you thoroughly check the units you buy to be sure they’re the same.