robrado974

Heated seat loom advice.

Evening chaps .

I recently sold a heated seat loom . The bloke isn’t a member on here as far as I know . I sold it on the Corrado fb page . Basically I wanted one a few years back with good intentions of fitting it . Guess what , I never did . I purchased it from the forum . Then some time later I had a leak in the car and had to strip the interior, while I was at it , I thought let’s fit a heated seat loom . I forgot I already had one (I’m getting on a bit ) and purchased another from the forum . So I sold the original one a week or so back . The chap has messaged me saying the plug to the switch is different from the female switch in the car . I then find out he had an early car , with late seats in it , it used to be a valver (j plate ) but now is a 20v . I’ve been on the forum a long time now and sold lots of stuff , rather than say , your problem mate , I thought I’d pose the problem on here and try to get to the bottom of it . I will post the pics up . You can see the plugs don’t match , simple fix for an auto electrician, or somebody that knows what they are doing?. 0ec9bc7910ab0279113c7f0a46a64863.png

eec7e052f43d1dabcc921c633c1b98c2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening chaps .

I recently sold a heated seat loom . The bloke isn’t a member on here as far as I know . I sold it on the Corrado fb page . Basically I wanted one a few years back with good intentions of fitting it . Guess what , I never did . I purchased it from the forum . Then some time later I had a leak in the car and had to strip the interior, while I was at it , I thought let’s fit a heated seat loom . I forgot I already had one (I’m getting on a bit ) and purchased another from the forum . So I sold the original one a week or so back . The chap has messaged me saying the plug to the switch is different from the female switch in the car . I then find out he had an early car , with late seats in it , it used to be a valver (j plate ) but now is a 20v . I’ve been on the forum a long time now and sold lots of stuff , rather than say , your problem mate , I thought I’d pose the problem on here and try to get to the bottom of it . I will post the pics up . You can see the plugs don’t match , simple fix for an auto electrician, or somebody that knows what they are doing?. 0ec9bc7910ab0279113c7f0a46a64863.png

eec7e052f43d1dabcc921c633c1b98c2.png

Now had another message saying I’ve sent him half a loom .

The pic of the loom on the floor is what I used for the add .

I have a loom mate, I’ll dig it out just now and take a picture

Thanks Martin, I will take a look in the morning.

Thanks Martin, I will take a look in the morning.

Looks like you are missing a bit from your loom mate. It comes in 2 sections, I remember now looking at it, your bit is the 2 relays and the plugs under the seats and the other plug goes to meet the secondary loom piece, which has the plug for the switch and the 2 thin wires that go to the fusebox ad0d3e39969d1f3ecc897e602540bec1.jpg

Same as yours

33dba3bd85dc29f5863c77610df2fa12.jpg

Secondary loom

c26e9dfeb385334d7d1db084b6056f94.jpg

Switch plug

Ditto that. I did mine recently and that is definitely missing the wiring to the switch and fuse box.

Should be possible to make up as it only needs the switch plug, which may be the hardest part to get hold of

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes as others say the switch part is missing rob... if the chap doesn't want it I will have it just for the relays :)

Rayneautomotive automotive used to do the looms but they don't come with relays, as far as I'm aware.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Golf-Vento-Heated-Seat-Loom-Wiring-Brand-New-Plug-and-Play/221227635066?hash=item338231d17a:g:7qQAAMXQbXtRBaBd

You could ask him to make the switch part up

Did you ditch the seat loom in your motor.

Edited by delfinis38

Thanks for the replies chaps . All very helpful. When I purchased the loom , this was what I got sent .

Kind regards

Rob

If you need some more help Rob I can dig out some pics of mine plus wiring diagrams I've sourced to try and help me along the way...

however I have no idea where to plug in the 2 wire switch? Where have folks plugged in their fuse switch wire? I'm still lost with mine, i've tied it in a nice bow behind the fuse box for now.

If you need some more help Rob I can dig out some pics of mine plus wiring diagrams I've sourced to try and help me along the way...

however I have no idea where to plug in the 2 wire switch? Where have folks plugged in their fuse switch wire? I'm still lost with mine, i've tied it in a nice bow behind the fuse box for now.

Hi Culshaw. The chap has messaged me today to say he has made his own loom to the fuse and is now sorting the switch. Rodger who had the storm on here wired mine to the fuse box as he knew his way round the electrical system. Is that what you are struggling with ?. We , or should I say Rog got the info from the Bentley Book .

Culshaw, the connections aren't that difficult when you get your head round the marking of connections. I'll see what info I have of when I connected mine to help you. It does just plug in.

Cressa

I think my connections to the fuse box were a bit harder to sort out being an early VR .

Found the first info on a search on here. The second is a picture of the original connectors needed to help plug and lock into position.

I got the covers off of lillfuzzer as these are normal fuse box connections.

Plug and gobb724f369f033555a1bba08e27379ca6.jpgc22ae5b35b505cdf5a27a05bf3f02320.jpg