k14rn

some help please!!

Hi Everyone,

i am new to the forum and looking to buy my first corrado VR6. Always wanted one but could never afford one. there seem to be a lot on sale at the moment. One question i have is why some VR6 have leather interiors and others are fabric various styles. I know that Storm came with Leather heated seats as standard.

Fabric was standard on most Corrado’s , unless you had a few quid to spend on extras . Leather seats were an optional extra . Other than the storm as you have mentioned .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks mate for clarification. can the fabric be swapped for leather if i wanted to? Also one more thing if you could shed some light on. What millage do the cam chains and tensioner on vr6 need to be replaced and what would that roughly cost?

thanks mate for clarification. can the fabric be swapped for leather if i wanted to? Also one more thing if you could shed some light on. What millage do the cam chains and tensioner on vr6 need to be replaced and what would that roughly cost?

Yes you can swop . You would need to look in to early and late Styles , depending on what year your car you choose to buy , as door switches and other bits are fitted differently. . Chains are ideally to be changed around 100k .

Costing for the chains is between 400 to 600 , I believe.

all thank you for your help. going to buy my first corrado this weekend. fingers crossed i will be one proud owner.

all thank you for your help. going to buy my first corrado this weekend. fingers crossed i will be one proud owner.

Good luck

Yep, leather was an expensive option at the time, but there are many VRs around with heated leather apart from the storms.

I'd budget a bit more for the chains and tensioners as you will end up doing the clutch, release bearing and fork as well a some of the oil seals at the same time. There is no exact mileage for it, as there was never one specified fro the factory and it all depends on the car and how well it has been looked after. The problem is not the chains but the tensioners, which wear with age and crack - and ideally you need to inspect these to see what state they're in. Most replacement kits use the later more hard wearing one from the MkIV Golf.

mines for sale on ebay, 4k its the burgundy one with Leather, new clutch just done, and chains etc done 50k ago