Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

my backlit guages...FIXED

i finally got around to hooking them up yesterday. check them out! they look so nice compaired to the stock guages.

durring the day 1

dayguage1.JPG

durring the day 2 - you can see i also did the reverse MFA screen as well.

day%20gueage2.JPG

at night lit 1

lit%20guage.JPG

at night lit with matching stereo =]

guage%20and%20stereo.JPG

i have been wanting to change the interior for quite some time now; and i am quite thrilled with the results. let me know what you guys think.

Nice mate I was looking at these on ebay, wasnt sure about the centre section glowing up though but it looks ok, they do a set without the central section but they were out of stock when i emailed them

yeah i wasnt too into the center glowing but now that i see it in the car, it doesnt look too bad. plus, without glowing needles it helps a lot with being able to see how fast you are going and how high you are reving. =]

They do look good... just need the LCD lit and maybe some coloured light on the needles too :wink:

the LCD is lit, you just cannot see it very well in the pictures at night. and the needles, i want to see them, but i dont want to have light shining on the guages. im not really sure how to do that though. so for now, i am just going to deal with it. unless you guys can show me how... =]

UV LED's dude.. paint the needles floro orange and they'll glow like a b@st@rd. would have thought that this would keep illumination of the dials to a minimum (provided they don't react to UV) Also alu bezals would really finish it off 8)

Yeah i really like the alu bezels, was gonna get the set up for mine......... :roll: b4 the incident :cry:

Very VERY nice, but you REALLY need to sort the light behind the LCD to make it visible... 8)

so what kind of LED should i get? i want to keep to the blue theme i have here. will they make a LED bulb that will be a direct replacement? also, where do i get the UV bulbs? do they make direct replacements? like i said, i want to keep basicly all light off of the white guages. i want to keep it as black as possible at night.

would be worth doing a search on dare I say it "cough" Vortex as I seem to remember seeing some good step by step instructions on there regarding convering the lights to LED's. From what I remember you'll have to solder the LED's and resistors on to the conductive track at the top of the clocks as I don't think there is a dirrect replacement. By using UV LED's like I said before you'll prob find they only light the needles (once painted a fluro colour) as it doesn't look like your dials will be UV reactive. To keep the Blue Theme you could use blue fluro paint for the needles 8) Only way to do it is to experiment IMO... best of luck :D