S74NCE

Starting up a long standing Corrado

Car is a 1996 VR6.

What would you advise? The car hasnt been turned in over 4 years, had a £400 service before being parked up, yet to see the bill for this but I know the current owner and he wouldn't lie to me. A few concerns I have are oils, fuel etc, but please let me know your thoughts?

Thanks in adv

Another £400 service. Oil and filter, brake fluid, drain and top up fuel, new fuel filter. Worth back flushing the water system too as it could be pretty cruddy and blocked, then when you're happy its free flowing top up with g13 and demin water. Check spark plugs and visually inspect leads and dizzy/coil pack. That should give you and cent start point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If its had fluids before being stored I'd remove the crank sensor with the plugs out and crank it on the starter with a fresh battery to get the oil moving around before trying to start it.

The fuel may be stale, if you're lucky and it starts, run it up to temp and then change the fluids (complete with anything that's been congealing inside.

Drain the fuel and replenish with fresh before MOTing it (stale fuel affects emissions).

AS Dox and Sean advise.

Also disconnect the coilpack or remove relay 109 to prevent the risk of a high voltage from the ignition leads.

If you wish, take the inlet manifold off when you crank the engine. That way you can see that the oil has reached the tappets and can see any potential issues in the head.

After mine had been in the body shop two years without being started the fuel had gone off and seized up the fuel pump. I swapped the pump and put fresh fuel in and got it to fire on a couple of cylinders only, had to get the injectors cleaned and tested. When it finally started it was very clattery for a good few minutes as the followers built up pressure.

After mine had been in the body shop two years without being started the fuel had gone off and seized up the fuel pump. I swapped the pump and put fresh fuel in and got it to fire on a couple of cylinders only, had to get the injectors cleaned and tested. When it finally started it was very clattery for a good few minutes as the followers built up pressure.
Is draining the fuel tank a big job, I mean does the tank have to come out?

AS Dox and Sean advise.

Also disconnect the coilpack or remove relay 109 to prevent the risk of a high voltage from the ignition leads.

If you wish, take the inlet manifold off when you crank the engine. That way you can see that the oil has reached the tappets and can see any potential issues in the head.

:cheers:

Prime the fuel system and oil pump.... take the hex head out of the fuel rail and turn the car over... fuel will squirt out.. fire it into a pot and keep going till its fresh, that also helps to build oil pressure without it firing.

Is draining the fuel tank a big job, I mean does the tank have to come out?

I just pulled the hose off the fuel rail into a drum and pumped mine out using the new pump. Once I’d got as much out as it would pump I put five or six gallons of V Power in.

I just pulled the hose off the fuel rail into a drum and pumped mine out using the new pump. Once I’d got as much out as it would pump I put five or six gallons of V Power in.

Thanks, I pick it up next week