1200 bandit

Price..?

Been looking on Facebook,the prices of Corrado seems to be on the increase,or is just dreams thinking that they can get the price advertise

What are your thoughts on this going up in price or not

Prices have almost doubled in the last 5 years. I think back then they were at rock bottom. I don't think they'll go up much more now, but there will be slight fluctuations depending on time of year. Spring is pretty much here now (though its hard to tell!), so prices will start going up a tad and more will come to market over the next few months.

IMHO prices have gone up, but not to the level that some people are asking - and it's only for very clean original cars with little to no mods. There seems to be a lot of premium put on low mileage examples now, which is pretty much irrelevant if you are buying a car to drive but seems to be an obsession with collectors/investors who are hoping that the low miles reflect well on the rest of the car.

My recent buying experience echo's fendervg.

I didn't buy a low mileage example, couldn't afford it as it's just my toy - they seem to be around £6-7k for a standard example. So I bought standard 95 VR6 based on condition and have ended up with a 150k example with FSH. Car is clean, the engine is a smooth a butter and doesn't appear to use any oil but I do have a small list of jobs to do which I see a standard maintenance on a 23 year old car, except for the Bilstein B12 kit where i could have replaced with standard items.

I paid £3500 in Jan 18. As it is high mileage it will never go to the really high prices but as long as I get back what I paid for it in around 10 years time (if I ever sell it haha) I'd be happy. Certainly cheaper than buying a modern car and watching it depreciate into the ground!

I liked this car because it had things like the original purchase doc, original plate surrounds, first aid kit still in it's shrink wrap, original radio, boot looks unused and it doesn't appear to have had any accidents from both my and my mechanics point of view (we could be wrong there though!). I probably could have got it cheaper but liked the car and didn't want to mess the seller about for the sake a couple of hundred off it. Best of all I love it and want to keep it in fine fettle.

My recent buying experience echo's fendervg.

I didn't buy a low mileage example, couldn't afford it as it's just my toy - they seem to be around £6-7k for a standard example. So I bought standard 95 VR6 based on condition and have ended up with a 150k example with FSH. Car is clean, the engine is a smooth a butter and doesn't appear to use any oil but I do have a small list of jobs to do which I see a standard maintenance on a 23 year old car, except for the Bilstein B12 kit where i could have replaced with standard items.

I paid £3500 in Jan 18. As it is high mileage it will never go to the really high prices but as long as I get back what I paid for it in around 10 years time (if I ever sell it haha) I'd be happy. Certainly cheaper than buying a modern car and watching it depreciate into the ground!

As a comparison I paid £3,800 for mine 5 years ago. It has black leather and at the time it was on 68,000 miles with a good service history. I thought I had overpaid but I was desperate to get my hands on a Corrado after seeing some 'shockers' Neadless to say since then I have probably spent a further £10,000!

Mark I had a similar experience on both of mine. If you want it to look nice and be very reliable you have to change a lot of 15 yo 20 year old parts. It depends how far you and your wallet are prepared to go, also the time scale. I’ve had mine 7/8 year, time helps absorb costs if it’s still road worthy. I also think it’s reasonable to expect the condition and mileage to reflect on the price should you want to sell it, as in the the recent 12.5k for silver VR6 one. Some chancers are jumping in on that as in the eBay £1500 for a yellow right off, that hadn’t been taxed for 10 years, or had a successful mot in the same period. Might be a good project but the guy is lying out his Arse on the description

Circumstances budget and time dictate a lot and not everyone is in the same boat. Keep your eye out for what looks too good for the money probably is.

A lot of people on here have gone int multiple thousands on there cars but they keep em years and don’t care, but if they sell they will want there efforts a moneys to reflect on the car. I also think because prices have been buoyant some have choosej to sell in the first place, bringing more good examples on the market.

Mark I had a similar experience on both of mine. If you want it to look nice and be very reliable you have to change a lot of 15 yo 20 year old parts. It depends how far you and your wallet are prepared to go, also the time scale. I’ve had mine 7/8 year, time helps absorb costs if it’s still road worthy. I also think it’s reasonable to expect the condition and mileage to reflect on the price should you want to sell it, as in the the recent 12.5k for silver VR6 one. Some chancers are jumping in on that as in the eBay £1500 for a yellow right off, that hadn’t been taxed for 10 years, or had a successful mot in the same period. Might be a good project but the guy is lying out his Arse on the description

Circumstances budget and time dictate a lot and not everyone is in the same boat. Keep your eye out for what looks too good for the money probably is.

A lot of people on here have gone int multiple thousands on there cars but they keep em years and don’t care, but if they sell they will want there efforts a moneys to reflect on the car. I also think because prices have been buoyant some have choosej to sell in the first place, bringing more good examples on the market.

I have had mine for 10 mouths body and chassis are in excellent condition no rust at tall mechanical the engine is excellent,but l have had to carry out a lot of wiring repairs (it has taken some time to follow the common issues, very poor wiring repairs)

I have replaced all suspension,brake calipers,hoses,plus a lot more,and the cost is just over £1;000.

I got the Corrado for £2,100. I think that is one cheep car car the condition is 95% (l am very fussy borderline anal).So when l see a Corrado no MOT rust in places l think what is wrong with my Corrado