robrado974

Loss of power with BMC / CDA .

I pulled my K&N filter a few months after buying it. I noticed no increase in anything but noise after I installed it. After 6 months of use, my car seemed to be slow, so I pulled it out thinking it might need cleaning already, and put my old, dirty OE air filter back in during the ridiculous 24 hours it takes to dry the thing. Immediately noticed more power with the dirty OE filter than with the only 6 month old K&N. I threw the K&N in the garbage and never looked back.

Paul

I bought the car with a KnN fitted 10 years ago so I don’t know any different it had always been on there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the consensus is that "performance" panel and cone filters do absolutely nothing except give more noise, if that is your thing.

For me the jury is still out on the BMC CDA, some claim a proven increase in power and response, some not. I don't think the kind of gains they might give are reliably measurable, unless under extremely controlled conditions. The BMC is not cheap either.

OEM airbox and paper filter elements are a good compromise unless running forced induction etc, and even then if you look at fancy factory FI setups, they still mostly use bog standard airboxes and filters.

Rob? How do you apply the oil to the filter? I've oiled mine once so far and just want to wash and re-oil. Was thinking of putting the oil into a spray bottle rather than using the dropper provided (K&N oil).

I think the consensus is that "performance" panel and cone filters do absolutely nothing except give more noise, if that is your thing.

For me the jury is still out on the BMC CDA, some claim a proven increase in power and response, some not. I don't think the kind of gains they might give are reliably measurable, unless under extremely controlled conditions. The BMC is not cheap either.

OEM airbox and paper filter elements are a good compromise unless running forced induction etc, and even then if you look at fancy factory FI setups, they still mostly use bog standard airboxes and filters.

Pretty much in agreement Fender . I just like the extra grunt noise . Pretty much everything comes from the engine on a VR , with a burble from the exhaust. Every time I see /hear a Honda boy it reminds me of a loud fart going up the road

Rob? How do you apply the oil to the filter? I've oiled mine once so far and just want to wash and re-oil. Was thinking of putting the oil into a spray bottle rather than using the dropper provided (K&N oil).

I haven’t cleaned it yet Hasan , it’s on the list . There are YouTube vids on it though