ger040

uprated headlight wiring loom

just got delivered an uprated headlight loom and just about to fit it (i believe its of a former forum member busybok?)

anyway why is there two additional connectors at the headlight connections? i can see the four pin for the headlight bulb connections

but these connections where do they attach? one is one pin and the other is three pin??

i am a complete numpty when it comes to electrical!!!

just noticed the battery is dead so will wait until the morning to fit let it charge overnight.

thanks in advance

Sounds like you have the loom that also has the optional headlamp beam adjustment provided by two electric motors.

Try posting up a photo of the connectors, that way I'll know for sure.

its all sorted - pretty obvious once i looked at it again - feel a bit stupid to be honest as i say hopeless at electrics!!

but wow what a difference excellent upgrade also changed the bulbs to nightbreakers - thought i was going to eat a lot more carrots

just need my wheels refurbed and an mot so hopefully on the road for the summer

spoke to soon just noticed no dipped headlight passenger side - have removed the ballast on the passenger wing and the battery light flickers on start up but goes out with a press of the accelerator - will look at it all again

no the bulb is fine just reconnected the existing loom and its fine - just to confirm the bulb thats out is the small bulb (first click of the headlight switch) - how do i check alternator brushes?

Check the pins haven’t pushed out of the Rayne loom sockets, they did on mine causing a similar scenario.

update checked with multimeter and getting voltage to the headlight connector still no light working

i have a spare headlight so i try it and it works!!!

cant understand why the original headlight works with the standard loom but not the uprated one the connections on both lamps are clean and in good order

update checked with multimeter and getting voltage to the headlight connector still no light working

i have a spare headlight so i try it and it works!!!

cant understand why the original headlight works with the standard loom but not the uprated one the connections on both lamps are clean and in good order

So the earth side of the loom must be suspect?

i just changed the headlight over and all is working fine so just going to leave well alone

i suspect something must be broken/loose inside the headlight

It's the one I bought and it works well. The instructions are clear and it's plug and play after that.

I've put the junction bracket bit under the battery jacket bit so it's hidden.

It's the one I bought and it works well. The instructions are clear and it's plug and play after that.

I've put the junction bracket bit under the battery jacket bit so it's hidden.

Zac or kurzy on here makes them... they are 3 relay so better... he doesn't fit OEM connectors as standard so I bought some off rayneautomotive to fit myself.