robrado974

What have i done wrong ???.

I recently changed most of the underside parts on my VR. It wasnt until a week or so ago that i noticed a knocking on full right lock . The wheels have all be aligned by the way . I took it to kwikfit today as a mate works there and we got it on the ramp . The drivers wheel is hitting the anti roll bar , the distance between the roll bar and the wishbone is a mile out,if you measure the gap on both sides, but it connected to the drop links withoutany pushing and shoving , surely if its a mile out it would struggle to reach the drop links. I also noticed the drivers wheel is roughly in line with the arch but the passenger is sticking out further . At the risk of sounding stupid what have i done wrong ?, its like the seering rack and subframe have moved over but you cant get that part wrong can you ?, it has to bolt up in line with the holes for the bolts . Why is it all out of line ??. I know its hard for you chaps without looking at the car but if anyone has any pointers it would be appreciated .

Kind regards

Rob

Which parts were new/refurbed? New steering knuckles etc. Any Chan e you have non Corrado VR6 parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in the process of doing this mate, happy to get a few pictures of how I’ve fitted mine, although it’s still on axle stands. It might be something simple and obvious. Having said that, mine may also have issues when I drop it into its wheels

Which parts were new/refurbed? New steering knuckles etc. Any Chan e you have non Corrado VR6 parts?

I changed the drop links , ball joints , wishbones . The other parts ie subframe etc were removed and painted . All parts from heritage.

I’m in the process of doing this mate, happy to get a few pictures of how I’ve fitted mine, although it’s still on axle stands. It might be something simple and obvious. Having said that, mine may also have issues when I drop it into its wheels

That would be great Martin thank you

I’d measure the length of the wishbones and compare side to side

I’d measure the length of the wishbones and compare side to side

That’s what we did Dox . It’s way out on one side compared to the other .

Sorry I read that wrong , will check them Dox

It looks like your bang on it Dox . They are different . This is not the first time ive been sent the wrong parts . Not happy . this has caused me a lot of grief .

Compare them to your old ones if you still have them? They may both be wrong.

Compare them to your old ones if you still have them? They may both be wrong.

I threw them away Dox and I can’t find the receipt , I’m positive they came from heritage, as did all the new bolts and mounts .Now I’m going to have to take it to my friendly mechanic as I just don’t have the time to do it myself. I will ring heritage tomorrow and get them to go through my purchases from last year . At the end of of the day it’s costing me to put it right

Edited by robrado974

That’s a nightmare Rob, I guess that as you’ve found the issue there is no use in me taking any pictures.

I will post this one though as it shows the arb in place22a775960ff21de8fd48f6164e162bc0.jpg

That’s a nightmare Rob, I guess that as you’ve found the issue there is no use in me taking any pictures.

I will post this one though as it shows the arb in place22a775960ff21de8fd48f6164e162bc0.jpg

Thanks Dox

Thanks Dox

Sorry thank you Martin

If you bought it online Rob, you can see purchase history by each order on your profile. That's a ****ter mate. I know only one side is available as original as well, I think I bought mine from heritage so will have to check. Hope you get it sorted mate

If you bought it online Rob, you can see purchase history by each order on your profile. That's a ****ter mate. I know only one side is available as original as well, I think I bought mine from heritage so will have to check. Hope you get it sorted mate

I don’t know where to start Sean . My mate has just dropped by and we had a look . The part of the wishbone where the drop link attachment is looks so different to the other side . The wishbone on the passenger side is smaller . As far as I can see , it needs to go on a ramp , then wipe the dust off the wishbones , and compare the part numbers, to each other then to what I should have , I have no idea atm as to which side is right . All I know is something ain’t right .

A while back i removed the ARB and noticed i had two right hand track rod ends which i purchased from heritage which ended up with me replacing a couple of gaiters due to rubbing from being in the wrong position, i also installed the Arg upside down which left me scratching my head, it was all sorted before i drove the car again, but maybe worth double checking on yours.

A while back i removed the ARB and noticed i had two right hand track rod ends which i purchased from heritage which ended up with me replacing a couple of gaiters due to rubbing from being in the wrong position, i also installed the Arg upside down which left me scratching my head, it was all sorted before i drove the car again, but maybe worth double checking on yours.

Another few things worth checking indeed. I could have the same problems . Thank you for your input

Just looking at your pic Martin , the roll bar hugs the wishbones , mine does not .

Just looking at your pic Martin , the roll bar hugs the wishbones , mine does not .

That is a Eibach ARB but I’d think the standard one should be similar? It should certainly be the same on each side. Have you any pictures?

That is a Eibach ARB but I’d think the standard one should be similar? It should certainly be the same on each side. Have you any pictures?

No Martin , stupidly I didn’t take any when it was on the ramp . I did measure the bones when I got home and they are different, but it’s not easy with a trolly jack to get right under the car properly. What I don’t understand is , I’ve spoken to heritage, gone through two years of Ebay and amazon and there is no sign of a purchase , I’ve got receipts for everything but them . Anyway I’ve spoken to my friendly mechanic and he’s going to order them and fit them , I’m not doing it on the driveway again . It’s annoying as I always check that I get VR parts before paying . The only thing I can think of is that I ordered them and paid by card online , my online banking only goes back to jan 2017 , so I must have bought them in 2016 .