Jim Bowen

2018 Polo

Was thinking of getting a polo gti, but seems they don't do a 3dr version.

Do they make any 3dr polos now?

I've read that they were dropping 3 Door cars, as the demand has gone down!

The world is a changing SUV's everywhere 2ltr cars coming out of our ears :S

Scirocco dropped for a mini SUV or whatever it's called. The days of cars as we know it will be gone before we know it.

I never really fell for the new Scirocco I wanted to two, but to me it looked like two people designed the car not knowing what the other half was going to look like.

Long live the Corrado :)

Unbelievable they're dropping all the 3dr models including the Scirocco.

They only sold just 10752 Scirocco's last year world wide :shocked!:

But like you say times are changing now,

plus if the government wants to ban all petrol / diesel engines by the late 2030s then these fuel prices will probably skyrocket by then, to force people to change to electric vehicles, or what ever power source will be available then.

Si

As far as I am aware there is no realistic electric vehicle for the masses in the near future & even if there was the UK quite simply do not have the generating or charging infrastructure to support them. There is at least fifty years of oil left in the ground at current production rates. Petrol/diesel is here for a while yet! :dance:

Surely they can invent some kind of power cell, that will last for 8 to ten years,

then you'll either have to purchase a new power cell or a new vehicle.

It's like with watches you can get them with a battery that lasts for 10 to 12 years, I know on a vehicle you have a load more items to power so to speak.

A miniature reactor cell or something about the size of a cigarette box :lol:

Si

if everyone switched to electric cars the country would be bankrupt overnight and the government would have to reconfigure the whole tax system in order to raise revenue

can't believe they would drop 3 door cars maybe it's due to our ageing population!!! struggling to get in and out of 3 door vehicles

there are some very smart / intelligent people out there who could invent fuel as a direct replacement for petrol!!!

Edited by ger040

Surely they can invent some kind of power cell, that will last for 8 to ten years,

then you'll either have to purchase a new power cell or a new vehicle.

It's like with watches you can get them with a battery that lasts for 10 to 12 years, I know on a vehicle you have a load more items to power so to speak.

A miniature reactor cell or something about the size of a cigarette box :lol:

Si

like something as a certain vehicle out of back to the future movie!!

Yeah the flux capacitor only thing is it keeps taking you back to 1955 :lol:

But on a serious note they'll invent something to replace the current issues.

Also I wonder if Audi will follow suit like VW and start dropping their 3 door vehicle range ?

Si

Sales of 3 door models have obviously got to a stage where its no longer financially viable for VW to develop and produce it. That will be pretty much the only reason industry will drop it. Its either that, or they're doing it to save money in the medium to long term.

I don't need 5dr's, Don't really need back seats tbh. I'm not sure i could have a 5dr car. Not sure what cars to consider, none of the audis appeal to me

Beat me to it Sean, there are plenty of great diesel/petrol 3dr cars, just unfortunately not with a VW badge on them anymore!

Can only help make the corrado even cooler, a 2dr VW coupe. That sort of thing won't exist in 5-10yrs from now. I remember feeling cheated when they put a diesel engine in the Audi TT. I think if you have a car like that you should commit to using lots of fuel :lol:

Can only help make the corrado even cooler, a 2dr VW coupe. That sort of thing won't exist in 5-10yrs from now. I remember feeling cheated when they put a diesel engine in the Audi TT. I think if you have a car like that you should commit to using lots of fuel :lol:

LOL indeed my thoughts as well! diesel in a sports car!

Disgusting fuel, stinks leaves a mess every where, so why the hell would you want that in a sports car..... :o

Edited by Dogma