VR-Sixy

Wiper Link Gone again.

Not a good start to the morning :bonk:- the wiper link from the motor detached itself and it looks like the middle plastic part has totally vanished.

Seem to recall someone posting up a 'fix' for this somewhere, but i can't find it for looking. Wasn't it something to do with coat-hanger wire and

a pair of pliers?

If anyone can help, i'd be really grateful as i know VW heritage no longer has this part in stock. In fact, pretty sure it's been discontinued.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if these work.....

and will they fit the small linkage?

Thanks,[ATTACH=CONFIG]95403[/ATTACH]

Edited by VR-Sixy

Quite a lot of views - thought there may one or two other answers here..... but hey ho. Well, that clip DOES fit - got it done this morning.....

left the wipers on for a couple of minutes and they're as right as ninepence. Pic below...... or rather there should be - doesn't appear to want to upload. I'll hoist it up tomorrow.

Cheers

Only just noticed this thread, the linkage on my wife's corrado went about a year ago and I used one of the clips that you posted above wipers still work great and the car gets used daily

• Like 1

Hello there,

I managed to purchase 3 or 4 batches of the small wiper linkages through VW Heritage, but this was back in early 2014

I did have 2 or 3 linkages left but they were sold in October 2017

I'll have another look around just in case there's one I've missed, I'm not promising anything but will let you know if I have one.

Si

I've had today off work so have been looking through my spare parts I have,

at present I still can't see any other new wiper linkages, so looks like I definitely have sold out of the small and large linkages.

I'm possibly looking into getting the complete small wiper linkage made, or getting made the nylon / plastic bushes that will push / clip in to our old linkages, but realistically this won't happen until sometime in 2019

Si

I had similar a number of years back where the linkage popped off the plastic and then wouldn't stay on. Solved it by carefully drilling a small hole through the spindle and creating a split pin to keep the linkage on. Been fine every since. (although another part of the mechanism has just broken so I have had to get a new one)