NWDSdax

ABS fault codes

My corrado 1994 vr6 ABS isn’t working! Scanning it brings up 4 codes

00259 Abs inlet valve front right (N99)

00276 Abs outlet valve left rear (N136)

00532 Supply voltage B+ static-no indication on display

00283 Front left Abs speed sensor (G47) static-no indication on display

Any body shed any light on them? I’m assuming a speed sensor and pump probably? Do have a spare I can send off to be refurbished

Thanks in advance

Have you cleared the codes from within the specific abs test then tried again? I was chasing codes that weren't there as they don't clear when resetting DTCs. But if so, yeah with the inlet and outlet ports it definitely sounds like your pump.

The wiring should just be long enough to unplug and reconnect to your spare unit, then you can scan again

The spare unit is faulty also! But I can send that one off to be repaired, then once it detours just a matter of swapping them over rather than leaving one of the car and waiting for it to return fixed before I can fit it.

Don't know whether it was a coincidence but my abs unit went shortly after the car spent a day in the oven after some paintwork got done. But yes. You have a faulty abs pump unit...!

The spare unit is faulty also! But I can send that one off to be repaired, then once it detours just a matter of swapping them over rather than leaving one of the car and waiting for it to return fixed before I can fit it.

As I understand it spares are unavailable for the pumps, BBA cannibalise old units and reflow the solder joints to produce a Frankenstein, so there's no guarantee they can repair either of your units.

They are usually very reliable, I've no doubt the supply of working valves will not disappear for a while.

They are usually very reliable, I've no doubt the supply of working valves will not disappear for a while.

There are people on this forum who've had there units returned to them after being charged the initial testing fee and the units deemed unrepairable. BBA are doing their best, ultimately it will depend on how many used spares they can get hold of and how profitable the repair is

There are people on this forum who've had there units returned to them after being charged the initial testing fee and the units deemed unrepairable.

I suppose it depends what was wrong with it ultimately. As you say they can't get new parts.

From what I've heard, the valves can be replaced but the send back unrepairable units if there is physical damage either internally or externally, as they can't guarantee it.