jared_nomak

Powder Coating Engine Parts

My engine is currently being rebuilt by Stealth Racing are there any parts people would get powder coated, inlet manifold etc while engine is out.

I’ll only have around a week to get the items picked up and back to them done so subframes are out at the moment :(

The radiator housing is that the slam panel you mean

The metal surround frame around the x 2 radiator fans can get quite rusty and scabby looking.

If it’s really bad it’s one of the items you can still get new through heritage. The radiator mount crossmember that the radiator sits on and the engine mount crossmember are good ones to get done while it’s all in bits too.

Everything that's powder coated from factory! It's not as expensive as you might think, I had all my items done for under £200 in nylon coating which is apparently harder wearing. Everything from rad support, rad fan shroud, cross member, bonnet stay, and all the brackets I could think of so it all looked uniform. Well worth doing at least the bits that are looking a little worse for wear.

Everything that's powder coated from factory! It's not as expensive as you might think, I had all my items done for under £200 in nylon coating which is apparently harder wearing. Everything from rad support, rad fan shroud, cross member, bonnet stay, and all the brackets I could think of so it all looked uniform. Well worth doing at least the bits that are looking a little worse for wear.

This sounds a great job fairplay.

Like the sound of this nylon coating because I have heard before that normal powder coating isnt really great for subfrmanes as it can peel off in stripes.

Can the intake manifold etc be nylon coated?

Also which company did you use and did they mask off the items where required, local place near to me had a set of splitting they had just done and had powder coated bolts, rims everything without stripping down the wheels. Yuk lol

Edited by jared_nomak

Black crinkle paint looks good on the inlet manifold. They can do that at Stealth.

You’ll see the image on the full site if doesn’t come up.

I had all the timing covers, inlet manifolds and rocker cover soda blasted when i did mine, they came up lovely.

Here are the parts that Im having powder coated at the moment if this is a help. My car is on jacks and the engine is suspended on a beam.

The red parts at the bottom of the pile are aftermarket Eibach anti roll bars and the X shaped brace is off an R129 but the rest are all stock parts. They were in better condition then I imagined but the rear subframe was in a very tatty condition and the bushes were absolutley perished. Had to cut out the old Koni shocks it was that eroded in that area (fitted in 2003) It will cost in the regoins of £400 to get them all powder coated but well woth it in my opinion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96516[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96518[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

Got back to my car today and all this below was all that was left if anyone see's a shell let me know thanks ! The long road to securing the life of my VR6 unless some so so back ends her grrrr !!!

Cant wait to feel how she rides with every bush and mount changed with new shocks and spring. Had to cut out the old shocks they were that far gone, car was hopping down the road.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96540[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

looks very nice there. Yes i'm sure you'll notice a significant difference in tightness with all the new bushes. Do report back when its on the road

looks very nice there. Yes i'm sure you'll notice a significant difference in tightness with all the new bushes. Do report back when its on the road

Thank Fla will do chap.