Keyo

Voot /Tailgate rubber seal surround.

Hi All,

I noticed a nasty slit in my tailgate boot opening today.

The part number for this seal is 535827705B and guess what obselete !

Seen this on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-G60-VR6-1988-TO-1995-BOOT-TAILGATE-SEAL-TOP-U-K-O-E-GRADE-QUALITY/183226827697

Any advice where to source one or if anyome has purchased the ebay one would be great .

Thanks

Damaged seal picture below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96486[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

Thanks carrots, anyone know this for sure and proof tested it with durartion reliability .

Cheers.

Anyone who has replaced theres in the last few years and have a link would be great.

Cheers.

Not on facebook mate , there are sliding doors and tailgates on the T4 I wouldnt be sure which one to to purchase.

It's the tail gate seal you need.ive just bought one.lad on Facebook put pictures up it looks the same just to long.he has his fitted. Paul mills if you get on Facebook corrado chat

Great hopefully it will work well , just got to think how the best way to cut it maybe a fine hacksaw. The only thing I noticed about the original seal it had some small holes on the seal like breather holes.

I've been thinking about cutting. I might try different ways on the spare bit 1st.cant see the holes doing much really. Suppose you could drill them into it

Yes practise on the spare good idea ! Im sure someone on here would know what the holes are for.

When i bought a genuine one a few years back it also needed to be cut down and a little section carefully cut away near the lock mech. Use a new blade for this too.

When i bought a genuine one a few years back it also needed to be cut down and a little section carefully cut away near the lock mech. Use a new blade for this too.

When you say a blade what sort/tool thanks because I think there is a metal crimp section in the seal.

Edited by Keyo

When you say a blade what sort/tool thanks because I think there is a metal crimp section in the seal.

Realised today why the boot seal had a jagged cut in it. I was cleaning out the boot and noticed a large factory hole at the bottom of the tailgate , after further investigation on oempec I realised there was a whole shut stut missing. The bootlid itself had damaged the seal through a lack of boot spring.strut managed to source the parts Oh the joys of previous Rado owners !!! Grrr

If anyone has a pictue in flesh how it should look that would be great.

Picture of strut/spring housing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96496[/ATTACH]

In all honesty, that damper doesn't do much apart from push the tailgate up a touch when you press the button/lock in, so you can pull it up. I doubt this will have been cause for a broken seal though.

In all honesty, that damper doesn't do much apart from push the tailgate up a touch when you press the button/lock in, so you can pull it up. I doubt this will have been cause for a broken seal though.

Not sure as on close inspection I could see rubber molded to the tailgate from were the slit was , maybe something is off hock or the scorching summer we had been a black car melted it, I did notice there are two small grey square clips one either side of the bottom of the bootlid, one is also missing .

This is the clip that is missing, it might well be a buffer to stop the tailgate chopping into the rubber. It is black not grey.

Any idea of the part number anyone thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96498[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96500[/ATTACH]

The section that you have to cut away was the soft rubber part and not into the metal bit that grips the bodywork, merely just a few inches to clear the lock section.

Im using a T4 one as the Corrado one is obselete so will be a lot longer so hopefully will just be the rubber I will need to cut.

So an update on the push rod shock on the tailgate that was missing, I showed Vince at Stealth and he said an abscence would of caused the slit/damage in hot weather so all that have not got one on their car and do not want to have to go through the hassle of purchasing a none corrado seal there is a link below where you can purchase one, but only a couple left, some parts that make it up are still availble but the screw housing is impoosible to purchase, however found complete rod formation below for sale. The black square clip was an aftermerket part the last owner put in the drain hles to try and limit the damage as the tailgate acting like a chopper ha.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corrado-D%C3%84MPFER-f-HECKKLAPPE-Aufsteller-VW-vr6-g60-16V-2-Tailgate-Suspension/163539875305?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by Keyo

Jesus that's what i call scene tax. sold a couple of boot poppers recently for less than a tenner.

Some price alright - just playing on the rarity of the Corrado. One of the links shows two fusebox cover clips for £35!!!!

Jesus that's what i call scene tax. sold a couple of boot poppers recently for less than a tenner.

Trust me it hurt me paying it ha. Amos in Derbyshire said he had couple but he never answers his phone and thought sod him just pay up the German his never going to be bothered to post it. :scratch: It is an essential part to be fair the boot lid is awfull opening it without it and just going to put uneccesary pressure on surrounding fittings.