Chaz!

Ignition lead help - Can't source the ones to fit my car

First off, car is a 1992 VR6, with the distributor on the block and the single coil pack on the scuttle tray.

So long story short I've had a bit of a nightmare with this, the other week while doing the plugs one of the HT leads came apart at the plug end.

I know I've replaced the leads in the past but I'm having real trouble sourcing a set that fit now, and if anyone could provide any info or links to a set that will fit that would be a big help.

I've had 3 sets from Euro parts and one from VW heritage that do not fit. The coupling on the plug end has been fine every time, but the distributor end is wrong. Mine are sort of set back in to the lead, I'm told its an M4 type.

Struggling to upload pics of the leads from my car, will keep trying!

I'm sure this has come up previously and the OP ended up buying a kit and making up their own?

Ford Galaxy used the VR6 so maybe you can buy them from Ford?

Thanks mate, it did cross my mind about the Galaxy but all the images and diagrams I can see on Galaxy sets look like the wrong type too.

So annoying cos I must have bought the ones that fit before!

The Bosch ones that VW Heritahe sell work fine - I have a set on my car, also a dizzy one (1993). Bremi also do a good set. The only difference between coil pack and dizzy versions is a little in the length, and of course the 7th lead to the ignition coil, but the sockets and plugs are identical.

Only thing I can think of is that you have a different dizzy cap fitment on yours but that would be pretty unusual.

Yeah I have the Bosch ones from heritage here in my hand, but the dizzy end doesn’t fit.

The ones on the car are Bosch too though, but obv not the same

Weird - I have exactly the same ones from Heritage on my car and they fit a 1993 dizzy VER fine. Here is the info from my order:

"Bosch Ignition Lead Set for VR6 SKU: 905QHT020" if you need to compare.

Yep those are the ones I have here. Maybe I need to replace the dizzy cap as well.

It’s just annoying me that I have bought a set that fit in the past!

I've got a few spare leads. Let me know the length and if I've got one I'll pop it in the post to you.

Thats a really kind offer mate, I'd be dubious wether they would fit though!

I've bought a new cap now so hopefully that will work with the leads I already bought that didn't fit!