You see a lot of posts about HAD A BAD DAY.

So l though why don’t you post about a good day you had

The corrado running sweet,found some things you thought you lost ect

Let’s have a good news day

I found a fair few hidden issues and bodged repairs with my recently purchased G60.

There has been some stressful moments over that last few weeks as things played out and lessons were learned.

But today I am super happy to report that the car has a full MOT for the next 13 months.

All traces of the previous owner have been erased from history and now the car runs and drives like a dream and pulls like train.

One happy story

I found a fair few hidden issues and bodged repairs with my recently purchased G60.

There has been some stressful moments over that last few weeks as things played out and lessons were learned.

But today I am super happy to report that the car has a full MOT for the next 13 months.

All traces of the previous owner have been erased from history and now the car runs and drives like a dream and pulls like train.

One happy story

Well done another Rado saved, a lot of kids have wrecked these cars, look at the MK2 golfs they have shot up in price due to limited numbers, immature decisions made by their owners literally hacking them to pieces and slamming them that low the chassis literally cracks.

Edited by Keyo

Finally have a rust free tailgate with unbroken plinth, working wash wiper and a bonus brake light to top it off. Marvellous.

Well done another Rado saved, a lot of kids have wrecked these cars, look at the MK2 golfs they have shot up in price due to limited numbers, immature decisions made by their owners literally hacking them to pieces and slamming them that low the chassis literally cracks.

Thanks Keyo

I bought the car on the strength of the condition of the engine, chassis and interior. All 3 where in great shape and with only a few rust spots I decided it was a good car to go for. It was local to me and I figured I could end up travelling miles upon miles and looking for ever.

Visible to me was a non working spoiler, sunroof, ABS fault, blowing centre pipe and rotten battery tray. All things I could tackle myself or get repaired with relative ease.

After using it for a few days it seemed to perform ok but with a bit of over heating in traffic (first stage of fan was broken). I didn't like the ride height so decided to raise it to my preference. This is when the problems started and consequently over the weeks I've discovered a whole bunch of issues.

The list includes

Miss matched wheel nuts

2 threaded wheel nut holes on one rear disc

Exhaust through pipe fitted back to front

Rear shock top mount rubbers upside down and no gas in o/s/r

Front wheel bearing not pushed home enough for the clip to sit in the grove

Front cv joint from another model (possibly Mk2 golf)

Track rod end over tightened to the point of destroying it in the space of 3 months (that's as old as it looks)

Light switch fitted upside down

To think that I went a little bit over the speed limit with these faults is a bit of a wake up call. Will not take chances like that again.

A good day had yesterday at the CCGB National Day, Donnington Park.

Historic festival was being held, lots of lovely old race cars to watch and a good number of Corrado’s

8) 8)

CA7522EC-72BF-42F4-A7C6-20D3C718EC5B.jpg

A good day had yesterday at the CCGB National Day, Donnington Park.

Historic festival was being held, lots of lovely old race cars to watch and a good number of Corrado’s

8) 8)

CA7522EC-72BF-42F4-A7C6-20D3C718EC5B.jpg

Good looking car Harrier , I think our cars must of been some of the last Corrados made coming off the line, mine was registered in Febuary 96 I believe and was a Northmahpton VW dealers car. Is your paint Magic Black same as mine, do you have your paint code at hand ?

Cheers.

Thanks Keyo,

It’s LC9Z, mine was registered August 95

I would call mine Diamond Black Metallic but I think it’s the same as Black Magic which it’s sometimes known as ?

Same as mine LC9Z chap it is known as Black Magic and quite a rare colour I believe rarer then Storm colours Ive been told as was also a run out paint option.

This is my paint tag on the front drivers wing, you can just make out the last few digits.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96961[/ATTACH]

That tag is interesting, will have a look at mine

I’m sure I have read somewhere in my documents mine is Diamond Black

I didn’t think it was a particularly rare colour either, my wife’s 2006 Seat actually has the same paint code which I find slightly annoying!!

My last rado had LA9V Brilliant Black Met which I’m sure is rare now

It's a rare colour for a Corrado but became mainstream on future VAG products, mine had a spray job four years ago by the last owner so you never know that tag might not be VW but that of the spray shop, if you take the air box out you can see it on my wing. Has anyone else got one of the paint tags ? Vince at Stealth has got one in Brilliant Black.

Edited by Keyo

Well

I thought I knew my Corrado pretty well but just checked my tag and it is indeed Black Magic Pearl

Have seen it called Diamond Black somewhere though I’m sure

Might have to change my signature now !

So you have the tag by the airbox to ? I sort of like Black Magic or shall we just call them the VOO DOO RADO :thumbleft:

By the way its an absolute sod of a colour to keep looking clean really shows up the dust !

Yes, I have the same tag

It does certainly sound better Delfinis :)

Here is my BM looking rather angry ha !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96962[/ATTACH]

Yep seen that it should say Black magic maybe a moderator can update it.

Has anyone got a Quart metallic that sounds goooood !

So good when you get it to how you what it.happy motoring

Thanks Bandit!

It's been a nice couple of days with visiting Stanford Hall and taking a drive to Stratford today to see some classics.