Jayceer

Late VR6 ambient temp sensor

Hi J,

Is this the sensor that gives the the external temperature to the MFA ,

If so number 11 on the diagram part number 357919379A link below.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/919/subcategory/212010/part_id/3690238/lang/e#sec_14

They are on ebay from foreign sellers if you put the part number in , try the dealers first you never know as a few vag models shared this part, Mk3 golf and more.

Edited by Keyo

Hu J,

Is this the sensor that gives the the external temperature to the MFA ,

Is so number 11 on the diagram part number 357919379A link below.

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/919/subcategory/212010/part_id/3690238/lang/e#sec_14

They are on ebay from foreign sellers if you put the part numner in , thry the dealers first you never know as a few vag models shared this part, Mk3 golf and more.

Nice one mate, that’s the one, I shall give that a whirl!

No worries mate the dealers still have a fair few of the sensors knocking about.

No worries mate the dealers still have a fair few of the sensors knocking about.

I’ll try them first, do TPS serve mere mortals these days or do you still have to say your a taxi driver still lol

They do , there is one on amazon for £29 and free delivery but coming from abroad with a long wait ! I find if these sort of companies based in Lithuania/ Latvia etc are getting them from a source somewhere , you just got to find that source and go direct.

It's not a C specific part, so should be easy enough to come by - the sensors themselves don't fail that often btw, it's far more likely to be something wrong with the wiring or dirty contacts.

Possibly the MFA function to .

Also check that the fog light and the ambient sensor plug have not been mixed up.

It's not a C specific part, so should be easy enough to come by - the sensors themselves don't fail that often btw, it's far more likely to be something wrong with the wiring or dirty contacts.

I’ll investigate further, cheers for the heads up

Possibly the MFA function to .

Also check that the fog light and the ambient sensor plug have not been mixed up.

Any idea what resistance I should be getter on the wiring and sensor?

Not sure but I have read in the past that the plugs look the same for the fog light and ambient sensor and people have plugged into the wrong way , is your fog working OK , that would illuminate it quickly off the list.

Not sure but I have read in the past that the plugs look the same for the fog light and ambient sensor and people have plugged into the wrong way , is your fog working OK , that would illuminate it quickly off the list.

I’ll check!