Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Wax on, wax off: The results of using P21S

I spent all of yesterday (8am till 8pm) polishing and waxing my car with the P21S kit from The Polishing Company. The results are amazing, I'd highly recommend it. I swear the bodywork is now more reflective than the glass... its like a mirror. 8)

I had swirly and hazy paintwork before-hand, which is very noticeable on a black car. The P21S has removed nearly all of it. The only time I can see some swirling now is under strong artificial light, e.g. a petrol station court at night, but you really have to get up close and look hard to notice it.

The kit was relatively easy to use, although took a lot of time. I followed it up with an Autoglym Extra Gloss coat, but to be honest this was more effort than it was worth, and didn't really add any extra 'gloss' the finish at all.

Below are some hardcore close-up shots of bodywork:

Looks fantastic mate! All that hard work certainly looks worth it!

This might be a good opportunity to announce that I've been talking to Mike from The Polishing Company about doing a few kits for forum members.....initial ideas are as follows:

Offer 1 “Polishing Company Maintenance Kit” everything you need to clean and maintain your car.

1 x A1 shampoo 1 x P21SWheel Gel, 1 x 303 cleaner, 1 x Microfibre chamois 1 x P21S Drying towel. Value £53 offer £40 + £10 P&P

Offer 2 “Polishing Company Detailing Kit” Everything you need to polish and detail your car.

Polish, Wax, Microfibre applicators, Microfibre Cloths (1 for polish & 1 for Wax 1 for glass) , 8oz 303 protectant for trim, 1 x Chrome/Hot environment polish.

This lot would be £72 normally and I could do an offer for £55 + P&P £10

Complete Car Care system both of above..... Value £125 Offer £95 +£10 P&P

CK01

1 P21S Complete Car Care Kit

Comprises Shampoo, Wheel Cleaner, P21S Paint Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer Carnauba Wax, plus applicators and screen wipes

1 x 2 oz 303 Protectant for Trim

1 x Ultra Microfibre Chamois

1 x Ultra Microfibre Polish Cloth

Value £76 Special Offer £59.99

OR

Offer CK02

1 x P21S Polish & Wax kit

Comprises P21S Paint Cleanser & Gloss Enhancer Carnauba Wax,

1 x 2 oz 303 Protectant for Trim

1 x Ultra Microfibre Chamois

1 x Polish applicator and Ultra Microfibre Cloth

Total Value £54

Special Forum Offer £ 39.99

Kangaroo - If you want me to put this in a separate thread, just shout - I wouldn't want to hi-jack your thread but I just thought it would be a good place seeing as though you've got some superb results and pictures to prove it...

Nice mate, Im gonna have to look into gettin some for myself when I finally find a replacement C to put the stuff on :lol:

:D Kangrooboy glad your happy i knew you would be, i've used p21s for a few months it's amazing stuff at a good price. infact all the stuff from the polishing company is first class, i've just brought a microfibre kit a cloth for every job it's really good and for just £29 can't go wrong :D Car's looking 8) btw .

this is the sh1t i been looking for a long time,,, m after these results most def

Bling Bling 8)

It is a stupid question lol ..... Kangaroo posted the link in the first post of the thread and I've given a load of prices for kits.

The Polishing Company

(only joking about the stupid question bit btw :))

Cheers for the replies! and g-master for originally recommending it!

VR6, nice one with the offers, they look like good prices! I don't mind them in this thread at all, but it if were to turn into a sticky or group-buy then I imagine it'd be best in a new topic, you can always link back to this one though :wink:

I don't really know how this stuff compares to stuff like Swissol or Zymol, but its certainly good value for what you get. It does require a whole day's work though, so set aside a weekend of pampering for your C before you start :)

oooh, Uber-shiney! :D 8) Good work there kangarooboy, Looks fantastic! :D 8) 8) 8)

Fancy doing mine?

Thanks for all the good feedback on P21S. In response to your questions I should point out that The Polishing Company is not a large Company. Its me and it all started because I felt others should be able to see the difference at sensible money!

I have recently discussed the use of P21S with a Z__l Authorised Detailer who … wait for it uses Z____ Vintage wax on prestige cars at £1400 a jar... he doesn't actually rate anything below Concours or Destiny.

He has concluded that: P21S beads well, looks great and is far less work than the HD Cleanse and so called "hand crafted" waxes and intends to offer these products as part of his detailing services to customers. I could not wish for a better testimonial. Also the USA Guru reports place P21S wax at the top of its class and second only to a synthetic multi layer system

I have used most products extensively and used to be a committed Z___l fan until I found P21S ... To cut a long story short its as good as their top "consumer" waxes and half the price.

Tom has suggested I place a post for all you Corrado owners who like shiny motors but not shiny prices. So OK it's not as cheap as Autoglym and the like but then you don't need a bottle evety weeks and theres no horrible white residue or water spots.

The process only means polishing once a year and waxing every two months to maintain the shine. The 303 products are amazing on interior trim leather tyres etc. And if you have any chrome or allumimium/stainless needs a mirror finish our BriLiant range (one L of a polish) will knock your socks off.

Our standard kit offerings are on our web site but if anyone wants some specials then these two ofers are available if you e-mail me or ring

Offer 1 “Polishing Company Maintenance Kit” everything you need to clean and maintain your car.

1 x A1 shampoo 1 x P21SWheel Gel, 1 x 303 cleaner, 1 x Microfibre chamois 1 x P21S Drying towel. Value £53 offer £40 + £10 P&P

Offer 2 “Polishing Company Detailing Kit” Everything you need to polish and detail your car.

Polish, Wax, Microfibre applicators, Microfibre Cloths (1 for polish & 1 for Wax 1 for glass) , 8oz 303 protectant for trim, 1 x Chrome/Hot environment polish.

This lot would be £72 normally and I can offer it to you for just £55 + P&P £10

Complete Car Care system both of above..... Value £125 Offer £95 +£10 P&P

but don't forget apart from more shampoo and wheel gel the rest will last a year and the Microfibre cloths can be machine washed.

If you need any more info then would you all be kind enough to e-mail me rather than post a reply as I am rapidly running of hours to scan all the interested forums

amongst the forums I am posted on are the HondaSK2000 owners group, PistonHeads, TVR Car Club, BMW Land to name but a few. Then there's the boats and aircraft!

I have also just got in some "original California Car Dusters" which I am eveluating and some Clay Magic 200grm Clay bars these will be up on the web site shortly.

I hope the above offers are of interest but if there are groups of you want something special put together and can take delivery of quanties to a single address I can always put together some bundles for you.

Regards Mike mailto:[email protected]

so is there an easy explanation to the differences between this and swissol?? ta

At this level, there's probably no appreciable differences between the two. You get a lot more for your money with P21S though.

I'll pass on this occasion as it's going to take years to deplete my Swissol, if I don't apply it with a trowel like I did on the first wax application!

I'll pass on this occasion as it's going to take years to deplete my Swissol, if I don't apply it with a trowel like I did on the first wax application!

So it'll last another 3 weeks then? ;)

I'd be interested in some of this stuff, probably Option 2, but I really should wait til I get my C back from the body shop :D

I would get some mate, £95 + P&P for the Complete system is a bargain!

That lot would cost well over £200 from Swissol......

Oh sod it, why not... it's not like I'm gonna have to pay the excess on my insurance for at least another month anyway :D

Edit: although it does look like if you do the complete kit, you get 2x 303 ?

really???? i thought that john whitle guy did a deal so that it was about the same price??

i thought you were very happy with the swissol stuff kev? why would you want to change?

I am happy with Swissol and not intending to change. I'm just trying to say that if this P21S stuff is as good as the pics imply, then you lot would be silly to pass up the chance to get it cheaper.

Even with John Wintle's Swissol discounts, all you get for £111 is Wax, shampoo, cleaning fluid, 2 buffing pads and 1 cloth.

Compare that to what Mike offers you for considerably less.

I'm not biased to Swissol you know! I like it, but doesn't mean I can't appreciate other brands.

really???? i thought that john whitle guy did a deal so that it was about the same price??

i thought you were very happy with the swissol stuff kev? why would you want to change?

You can get the started kit from John at that price, but that doesn't include the wheel cleaner, the trim detailer, the drying cloth, the hot environment polish or the extra cloths. It's still good polish though.

Dinkus

Send me a B4 and after.... or post it on the forum.... I have e-mailed you regarding the order.

Thanks a lot guys for all the feedback please feel free to come back to me if you want a "tailored" kit for your car and I sort one out for you.

If you could e-mail direct this aves several extra clicks

PS 303 in the first kit is a general purpose cleaner the one in the second kit is the trim and tyre protector and for UV protection on leather vinyl etc.

You can also use it on your boat or Microlight if anyone has one....

Cheers

If you could e-mail direct this saves several extra clicks

Mike :-P

Dinkus

Send me a B4 and after.... or post it on the forum.... I have e-mailed you regarding the order.

Thanks a lot guys for all the feedback please feel free to come back to me if you want a "tailored" kit for your car and I sort one out for you

Will do, one side is going to be brand new paintwork anyway, but I'll use the dirty side for comparison :)... just got to wait for the C to get back (or even go in!) to the bodyshop now...