Keyo

MFA Display

Anyone got a failing MFA display screen ? Below link has the repair.

Came across this company in Germany whilst looking for some gear cog wheel for my mechanical odometer on my Golf- just need to determine how many cogs it has I think 21.

Here is the screen.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISPLAY-FUR-VW-CORRADO-53I-PASSAT-35I-T4-MFA2-BORDCOMPUTER-KOMBIINSTRUMENT-VDO/173961555902?fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item2880eaafbe:g:8nUAAOSwPa9dpuXM

Good find - the later ones rarely go bad from what I have seen so far, touch wood. I think it's more related to a voltage spike or faulty regulator, and this then damages the MFA and LCD.

Good find - the later ones rarely go bad from what I have seen so far, touch wood. I think it's more related to a voltage spike or faulty regulator, and this then damages the MFA and LCD.

Wish I had found it earlier I forked out £200 and something for a new binnacle circuit last year from Classics! From memory though they only had the Golf MK2 available when I looked so a new product on the market, think I might still buy one as have the old unit still so will be a good spare. My old one the first digit would only show half the number intermittently so I guess it was starting to fail.

Sometimes the conductive rubber strips move from the board causing the display to fail. You can remove, clean and replace

Sometimes the conductive rubber strips move from the board causing the display to fail. You can remove, clean and replace

I was hoping that was my problem but unfortunately it did not resolve it.

Yeah this happened to me Hassan, when I took it apart to go back to OEM green. The MFA is fine , but the rubbers moved on the other screen, I tried so hard to get it all slotted in nicely, but I ended up with said screen very slightly less brighter than the MFA one .