Keyo

Corrado stock Recaro alternatives.

I don’t think they would go with my lovely electric, heated leather recaro seated car though.

I've got my eye on them ha !

Please may I ask a few questions about the Factory Recaros.

1)How do you know if the seat has heating ? Because a lot of the seats purchased second hand where put into cars that did not have the heat seating loom and switch set up.

2)If it does have heating is it controlled by the same heating switch as stock on dash with standard leather heated seats ?

3)Does it just plug into to the same loom as the heated switch of standard leather ?

4) How easy is it to remove the recaro loom ?

5)Do the recaro seats remove from the car the same method as the stock seats by undoing the bolt at the front and slipping them out if the track

Thanks.

1. There will be a plug under the seat for the motor and one for the heating

2.it looks the same switch and wiring for the heated standard seat bar power movement

3 pretty sure it will

4 pretty easy to remove and reinstall

5 definitely yes

As above, yes to all. The Recaro loom is a separate loom to the heating element. None of it is difficult as i did mine. If all the correct plugs are still intact, it is plug and play

Ok so you have the plugs that plug under the seat , what about the other end of the loom how do you get these out of a car, remove trims from car or the fuse box ? Thanks - obviously have the heat loom all ready in my car so more about the motor loom .

Thanks

It plugs into the back of the fusebox with a separate fuse. All plug and play and with a permanent live.

I will look later as I have pictures everywhere of this

Thanks cressa never been at the back of the fuse box so this will be where I would struggle.

Two white clips each side and it will pop out - it sits on two round pegs, so should move after that. On some you then need to move a plastic slider that locks the connectors into place before you can remove them.

Lots of info, including pin-outs here, but some cars can vary a little, depending on date of manufacture:

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

Two white clips each side and it will pop out - it sits on two round pegs, so should move after that. On some you then need to move a plastic slider that locks the connectors into place before you can remove them.

Lots of info, including pin-outs here, but some cars can vary a little, depending on date of manufacture:

http://www.a2resource.com/electrical/CE2.html

Thanks Fen.

It plugs into the back of the fusebox with a separate fuse. All plug and play and with a permanent live.

I will look later as I have pictures everywhere of this

PM sent Cressa.

Thanks

This is handy.

x2 aftermarket Recaro looms with OE plugs and fuse. Seller has good stuff on his page.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Kabelbaum-fuer-Recaro-Sportsitze-rar-selten-NEU-seats-wire-loom/312962676852

I saw that the other week. Certainly has all of the correct plugs on to make it easier.

IIRC you need to take the centre tunnel cover out aswell as the seats, due to that being the wiring route between seats

I saw that the other week. Certainly has all of the correct plugs on to make it easier.

IIRC you need to take the centre tunnel cover out aswell as the seats, due to that being the wiring route between seats

If I do get some Cressa Im going to have to talk you into helping me out with the job with some incentives :thumbleft:

4 hours ago, TanVr6 said:

This is exactly, what I am looking to do with my VR next!

@Keyo have you made any more progress?

Well the new retro line they cost silly money like 4 K a set as I spoke to the UK dealer in Recaro. There is a seller on ebay from Poland who will supply and trim a set of LS that look exactly the same and reckons he can sort out the seat bases none electric - at the end of it wont be far off a set of stock Recaro seats and will be none electric- although they will be brand new and don't have to worry about the electrics failing. Also can supply heating for not much extra cost. 

Here is the guy in Poland and if you look through the pictures the orange ones are just like the recaro . Any colour or material. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-LS-LSb-seats-the-Pair-Leather/264529584394?hash=item3d9731210a:g:kq8AAOSwSK9dyWxf

Edited by Keyo
  • Thanks 1