Keyo

Corrado stock Recaro alternatives.

OK thought I would update this. 

As above link seller off ebay in Poland cannot give a reference as have never used him.  Does have a 100 percent feedback though to be fair to them. 

This is the email I received off them with costs. So just to go over they will be manual Recaro seats and you can choose any leather colour etc or cloth - or combo. 

If you decide to go with  this I suggest that you study a Recaro stock seat and instruct the trimmer how many stitch patterns in backrest and seat (think its 4) and also the location of the recaro emblem on the backrest- then you will have a great replica. 

If you do the maths it is not far off the price off a second hand set of stock Recaro or even more expensive minus the electric adjustments, however will be brand new,  his seats do look excellent quality.  So possibly tatty but with electrical movement (might have heat  or not)- hard to source   v  new and manual + heat- you decide !!!  If you do have a stock set of leather they sell for good money so could also use that to fund the commision which makes the commision a little bit more desirable. 

Recaro direct are making classic LS but without seat bases and electrics- looking at 4K for a set off them, so not a route I would go for personally. 

If you scroll through the picture on this link you'll see a light tan set just alike to the Corrado Recaro.

Hope this helps would love to see someone or myself go for it.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-LS-LSb-seats-the-Pair-Leather/264529584394?hash=item3d9731210a:g:kq8AAOSwSK9dyWxf

recaro seats.jpg

Edited by Keyo

So what’s the deal with Ford Recaros not fitting ?

Too wide/high/american ?

Edited by James.

19 minutes ago, James. said:

So what’s the deal with Ford Recaros not fitting ?

Too wide/high/american ?

Looking at the Cosworth seats I imagine they will sit far to high and wide, also base frame will not be compatible with a Corrado I guess- its a bugger seeing how cheap they go compared to Corrado ones. 

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Looking at the Cosworth seats I imagine they will sit far to high and wide, also base frame will not be compatible with a Corrado I guess- its a bugger seeing how cheap they go compared to Corrado ones. 

I remember going through all the same thought processes as you when I was looking for grey leather Recaros in 2005! I ended up paying around £700 for a real scruffy pair in 2007 and tidied them up with a Furniture Clinic restore kit. I then had everything re-trimmed in 2018.

A pair from a Ford could be had for about the same money in those days as they are today, unlike the Corrado version which has at least doubled in price! Of course they were a very rare option in the day due to the insane cost.

Hang in there, you’ll turn some up one day.

Edited by tonedef

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

I remember going through all the same thought processes as you when I was looking for grey leather Recaros in 2005! I ended up paying around £700 for a real scruffy pair in 2007 and tidied them up with a Furniture Clinic restore kit. I then had everything re-trimmed in 2018.

A pair from a Ford could be had for about the same money in those days as they are today, unlike the Corrado version which has at least doubled in price! Of course they were a very rare option in the day due to the insane cost.

Hang in there, you’ll turn some up one day.

Thanks mate Im been proactive as I can and asking the right questions when I see a set, a lot of these seats went into MK2 golfs as they liked the fact they sat a lot lower and were cheaper then a set of 16V recaro ones back in the day - seen quite a few threads 2000 -2005 on the GTI forum saying they are the cheapest option ha !

Edited by Keyo

3 hours ago, Keyo said:

Being the proactive bunch, the residents are. I would imagine the answer is yes. But has anyone measured a set to see if this can happen ? I fancy a new set of front seats, but would prefer to travel down the OE route. The frames I can manage. But if their too wide/tall etc then it’s a dead duck to begin with.

21 minutes ago, James. said:

Being the proactive bunch, the residents are. I would imagine the answer is yes. But has anyone measured a set to see if this can happen ? I fancy a new set of front seats, but would prefer to travel down the OE route. The frames I can manage. But if their too wide/tall etc then it’s a dead duck to begin with.

Cosworth ones wont look correct either as look more bloated and armchair like. The BMW LS ones that have pointer bolsters look more correct because they are slim line with taught leather. 

54 minutes ago, James. said:

Ask the guy to measure what he is selling, then I will measure the same points against mine. Just a thought

Hi, anyone fed up of looking for recaro factory seats- well these seat bases are rare from a Rocco Mk2 recaro  and they sit very low and perfect for some manual recaro seats like some of the ones posted above.  I would buy these if I didn't have a set of factory ones as I believe the electrics/motors are going to cause many issues in the future.  Also have posted some Recaro LS  seats below . Perfect combo pretty much same as factory with slightly different stitch pattern - oh yes fresh retrim as well. Finally came up with a solution.  Im pretty sure the trimmer would copy the factory stitch pattern. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Recaro-Subframes-VW-Scirocco-mk2/254746963500?hash=item3b501a2e2c:g:fBQAAOSwI8VfhLYx

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RECARO-MODULAR-LS-PAAR-LEDER-NEU-BEZOGEN-SCHWARZ/283460502493?epid=637434051&hash=item41ff9003dd:g:j7kAAOxyqUpQ8SD8

recc.jpg

Edited by Keyo