Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

anyone use Greenlight insurance?

I've had a quote from them thats come in at £800 fully comp all mods declared, where as every other company i've tried (tesco, elephant and all the ones on confused) came in at around £1000 for TPFT.

Has anyone delt with them before? its a stonkingly good quote but i'm a little wary becuase i've not heard of them and its 'so' much less than everyone else.

I've used them in the past. They seemed OK but I never claimed from them, so couldn't tell how good they *really* were.

my mate went with them for his modified Cally.... he smashed it and they were superb with sorting it all out.

Recommended in my book.... under written by Lloyds too.

Scott

They have to be better than adrian flux!! I've been insured 3 weeks & now they decide to tell me they no longer accept my alarm as cat1. I was warned not to go with them too :roll:

Not happy :x

sounds like they're ok then, which is good news! 8)

Dan, can they do that? surely if they accepted it when you took your policy out they cant suddenly change their minds?

Dan, can they do that? surely if they accepted it when you took your policy out they cant suddenly change their minds?

That was exactly my thoughts. Don't look good though.

Will be calling green light next year! :wink:

They have to be better than adrian flux!! I've been insured 3 weeks & now they decide to tell me they no longer accept my alarm as cat1. I was warned not to go with them too :roll:

Not happy :x

That's who I'm with at the moment and they've been absolutely fine so far.

K

Been with adrian flux for a year now (renewal the 23rd of this month) and they have been the best company I have dealt with todate. Impressed really - I haven't claimed from them which is apparently when they can be crap!

I'm with Greenlight and their service has been very good. Although, as mentioned, the proof is when you have to claim. I was with Adrian Flux who were cheapest I could get about 5 years ago but when I had to claim about 3 years ago for a non-fault accident - they managed to f*ck up pretty much everything along the way!!! Took me 2 years to get any money back, and I had full admission from the 3rd party that it was their fault!!!............and they managed to cancel my policy aswell!!!! Useless c*nts - I hope they've improved since my experience with them............ :mad:

humm... I've just changed over to Flux again after HIC decided that they weren't going to honour a £700ish quote I got from them 3 months ago and now wanted £1109.26! :shock: They managed to beat it down to £936 at which point I told 'em where they could shove it... Flux came in at £780 all in... 8)

Not been with greenlight, but their quote was very competitive.... 8)

I had a similar exp with HIC Henny, they quoted me £1300 (last week) having quoted me around 800ish when I rang up earlier on this year. I was gutted as they get amazing reviews and are suposedly second to none for cover and their contribution to the VW scene.

But fluff that will go with my adrian flux renewal no doubt.

I'm insured through Chris Knott Insurance.

For my G60 Fully Comp with limited mileage and social domestic (no travelling to work) Declared as not my main car as I have a company car. No no claims but a provable 5 year no accident historyand 27 years old. Every company I went to wanted £3500 to £4000. One other went to £900.

Chris Knott put me on a future classic policy and all the above at £350. Cracking quote.

Also they just beat my cheapest home insurance quote for the city centre of Birmingham by £100.

I give top marks to them (not yet had a claim so not sure how that will go but then I hope I never have to!!!) Givce them a try - if you want I can PM them your details!!!!

Greenlight have a mixed rep on here (though they seem to be consistently cheap).

My 2p is that I couldn't be doing with the restrictions on the policy, or the very high excess required, so I chose to pay slightly more for more flexibility elsewhere.

I've used Greenlight for about 5 years now on the VR6. Always been very good and the staff courteous though like others have not claimed from them but I get the impression they'd be fine as whenever I've asked for a change to the policy or queried something they come back with the answer and follow up very quickly. Don't know whether he still does but I understood Greenlight was started by a member of Club VR6.

Haven't had any issues myself with high excesses and you can choose anything from £100 to £350 I think. Mines £100 and I thats not high IMO.

Another company I used with a modified car was Bell Direct on my Hartge 325i Touring. They were very reasonable from what I remember and were no problems when I had to claim when the car was written off. Paid out only £500 less than what I bought the car for a year previous too. I did have a problem with them when I was banned though. They maintained I hadn't told them so my premium went from £510 FC to £1400 FC. In other words "go away we don't want your business". Greenlight by comparison on the VR6 went from £685 to £725 but back down to £675 after I'd got a competitive quote from Adrian Flux. :)

HTH