fendervg

Rear washer jet nozzle - 535955985

Just asking to see if anyone has one of these to spare, maybe if they've done a rear wiper delete. I know I had a spare somewhere, but for the life of me can't find it in the heap of Corrado spares and assorted bits!

It looks like it is C specific for later cars and only ever came together with the plastic pipe that goes through the motor spindle - the jet clips in on top from the outside. Anywhere on-line seems to  show NLA for that part number (535955985).

I've tried a Mk3 one, but it doesn't fit right and sits loose and points in the wrong direction - but surely these must have been a common part across the range with only the length of the feed pipe being different?

Postage would be to Dublin, Ireland.

Many thanks.

1 minute ago, fendervg said:

Just asking to see if anyone has one of these to spare, maybe if they've done a rear wiper delete. I know I had a spare somewhere, but for the life of me can't find it in the heap of Corrado spares and assorted bits!

It looks like it is C specific for later cars and only ever came together with the plastic pipe that goes through the motor spindle - the jet clips in on top from the outside. Anywhere on-line seems to  show NLA for that part number (535955985).

I've tried a Mk3 one, but it doesn't fit right and sits loose and points in the wrong direction - but surely these must have been a common part across the range with only the length of the feed pipe being different?

Postage would be to Dublin, Ireland.

Many thanks.

Mate I bet Geri has one his breaking the 9A and just north of you. 

I'll take a look on ETKA to see what a Polo one looks like.

I tried the Mk3 Golf part, and that didn't really work out.

I’ll take a look in the garage this evening, I should have one as I’ve deleted the rear wiper and the old stuff is boxed up somewhere.

3 minutes ago, tonedef said:

I’ll take a look in the garage this evening, I should have one as I’ve deleted the rear wiper and the old stuff is boxed up somewhere.

That would be great - cheers.

2 hours ago, fendervg said:

That would be great - cheers.

This is the rear wiper motor I removed and the jet that's in there, I haven't tried removing yet as I don't know how it comes out and don't want to break anything. Give me a clue how it comes out!

IMG_3429.jpeg

IMG_3430.jpeg

I was totally unaware that these could be replaced until a few months ago when I did the one on my Passat.  I believe I just wiggled it out. Wait until you get the new one maybe

He'll be trying to get it our for me.

@tonedef - it should just pull straight up and out with a little force, maybe some side to side wiggling. Sometimes they can get stuck - so don't force it if it doesn't come out too easily, you'll be better off selling the whole motor with it in it.

The feed pipe part should just pull out of the bottom then - the two bits kind of hold each other in place from both ends, although I did see a motor where the plastic pipe was practically bonded on to the spindle and even a drill wouldn't shift it.

4 hours ago, fendervg said:

He'll be trying to get it our for me.

@tonedef - it should just pull straight up and out with a little force, maybe some side to side wiggling. Sometimes they can get stuck - so don't force it if it doesn't come out too easily, you'll be better off selling the whole motor with it in it.

The feed pipe part should just pull out of the bottom then - the two bits kind of hold each other in place from both ends, although I did see a motor where the plastic pipe was practically bonded on to the spindle and even a drill wouldn't shift it.

A bit like this then.

If you want to PM me an address I'll put it in the post next time I get chance to go to the shop. I'm not bothered about anything for it, it doesn't really owe me anything and I'm guessing it won't cost a deal to post.

IMG_3431.jpeg

Excellent - will drop you a PM. Let me know if the postage is more than expected and I'll send you PP to cover it, no issues. Many thanks for this.

Everyday is a school day. I'm glad I have seen that part. Tomorrow I am going to pull my damaged unit apart as a learning exercise 

8 hours ago, Cressa said:

Everyday is a school day. I'm glad I have seen that part. Tomorrow I am going to pull my damaged unit apart as a learning exercise 

Are you taking the wiper motor off the car or just working on an old unit? If it's the former I can give you a few tips as I've done it recently.

Ah cool. Well anyway:

- Remove boot inner trim - a small flat blade driver is better than a cross for turning the six small round clips - these should just turn 90 degrees to undo, and stay in the panel - some of them will of course be missing or strip!

- You'll see the motor hidden among all the spoiler gubbins. Unplug the loom connector and the washer hose, and plug the hose with something.

- On top, it's small 10/13 nut, and then you will probably need a small puller to lift the arm off, sometimes it will move by hand with a bit of penetrant.

- Once the arm is off, there is a 22mm nut holding it all on. Be careful not to lose any of the washers and spacers and keep them in order. I thread them on to a cable tie for later.

- Inside, there are 4x 10 mm bolts holding the wiper motor on - two hold the bracket on to the rear lid, and can be loosened to adjust the postion of the motor, and two from the bracket to the motor body. You'll need to remove all four - watch out for the brass inserts in the bolt holes on the bracket.

- With this removed, the motor will be loose, and it's time to start wiggling. The trick is to rotate and move, get the spindle through the hole first, and then the long protuding bit with the wirng connector has to come out from behind the strut support. This is really important on the way back in, as that part has to get back in behind it.

It will be clear enough once you get to that stage - it will definitely come out without removing anything else, just keep trying and watch your hands. It took me about 5 minutes each time to get it right.

- Assuming you are not doing a delete, in which case you would just rust proof the hole and use a blanking grommet, once the motor is in place, put back the two bolts from bracket to pump body first, but don't tighten, and then the two arms of the bracket will slide in under the metal in the frame and allow for movement. Insert those bolts, check position and tighten all four.

- go scour fleaBay and the interwebs for replacement trim clips for the rear panel!

Tonedef - arrived this morning all safe and sound and excellently wrapped. Went on like a treat, and the nozzle now points in the right direction. Many thanks for your generosity again!

As a side note, these look the same, but are different lenghts and nozzle positions for different cars, as the jet needs to clip into the feed tube when it's in a certain position to hold it in place. Not sure if other models like the Golf etc. would work without trying them. The Mk3 one certainly did not.

Edited by fendervg

1 hour ago, fendervg said:

Tonedef - arrived this morning all safe and sound and excellently wrapped. Went on like a treat, and the nozzle now points in the right direction. Many thanks for your generosity again!

As a side note, these look the same, but are different lenghts and nozzle positions for different cars, as the jet needs to clip into the feed tube when it's in a certain position to hold it in place. Not sure if other models like the Golf etc. would work without trying them. The Mk3 one certainly did not.

No problem Chris, I’ve had the hole for the rear wiper welded up so it’s not going back on my car! Glad to fix a problem even if it’s a minor one.