blue95

From subframe / rad support torque setting?

Cant find torque settings in Bentley, I know I had it written somewhere just can find where....seem to find conflicting settings when I search, does anyone know what the correct torque settings is for bolts pictured in yellow and blue? 25Nm?

bumper.jpg

I've just been looking in the Bentley manual and I hqbent seen them... must be in there somewhere. I did try a google search but no help so far

Think they're 25 as mentioned. Not at home to check til tomorrow though unfortunately. It's definitely in the Bentley though.

Cheers all, I have seen some threads saying 60Nm, but tbh the yellow one is holding up the rad support, and the blue is tiny and just appears to bolt into a captive not onthe rad support, again not doing much

Found this that I had saved. Or has anyone found them in the Bentley bible

Screenshot_20200719-114717_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200719-114708_Gallery.jpg

I've found something in the Bentley Manual under the heading (Engine Assembly B-10) section 10.10 This is all I can see to be honest.

I think the great Mr RW1 is pretty much bang on the mark. He is very much missed.

Below I've listed the torque setting range that I've bolted mine up in the past, I'd go somewhere in the middle of the two settings I've listed. Also I would use EP grease on the shoulder of bolt/s, and a bit of thread lock on the ends of thread on the bolts.

Bolt 5 (circled in red) M12 long shoulder bolt  80Nm to 85Nm (59ft-Ib to 62ft-Ib)

Bolt 6 (circled in blue) M8 long full threaded bolt 20Nm to 30Nm (15ft-Ib to 22ft-Ib)

Bolt 7 (circled in yellow) M10 / M12 short bolt 55Nm to 65Nm (40.5ft-Ib to 47.9ft-Ib

Hope this helps

Si 

Cheers guys, helps massively....sounds about right looking at the bolts and how they are secured