g0ldf1ng3r

Triple relay uprated headlight looms

18 hours ago, fendervg said:

Great stuff - let's hear what they have to say. If we can get the connectors sorted, I'm definitely in for one too.

We'd also need to talk to Kurzy about how to handle the sidelights - with one 4-pin control connector you can power both sides off one feed by splitting the sidelight wire into two and running one to each headlight (disadvantage of this is that both will come on in the parking light position on the indicator), or if we use two OEM style receptacles, one with 4 pins and the other with just 1 pin for the sidelight, then you can plug in both of the original connectors and the parking light will work left or right side depending on the indicator stalk position.

sadly there is no answer currently on that company phone number, ive emailed to check they are operating.

with all due respect fendervg i am not going to complicate this any further with regard to the sidelights.

kurzy has kindly agreed to give his time to make a few looms but this does not include a redesign for a function that was never part of the uprated looms.  neither kurzy or myself will be making any profit to cover our time spent, of which mine has already increased due to the OE plugs.

i hope you understand

Absolutely - I was only really making suggestions, or giving background info, rather than change the design and requirements.

Leave it as it is - the OE connectors will be a major plus anyway.

I know you can get the plugs because my mate showed me a handful of some the other day that were new. 

21 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I know you can get the plugs because my mate showed me a handful of some the other day that were new. 

Cheeky sod - ask him where he gets them! 😉 and for how much.

1 hour ago, fendervg said:

Absolutely - I was only really making suggestions, or giving background info, rather than change the design and requirements.

Leave it as it is - the OE connectors will be a major plus anyway.

cool, ok m8 🙂

33 minutes ago, Keyo said:

keyo could you ask him where from pls

ive spent another 2 hours today trying to find them - the companies ive seen advertising them are not answering enquiries

33 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

keyo could you ask him where from pls

ive spent another 2 hours today trying to find them - the companies ive seen advertising them are not answering enquiries

Hi , 

Just spoke to him and he got them from a contact in the automotive industry - he says you can call him for a chat and get some figures on numbers. I will PM you his number.  They came with all the connectors and grommets male and female. 

Edited by Keyo

I always thought Kurzy was Rayne automotive for some reason- its odd  that Rayne sell the connectors but no longer seem to sell the uprated  looms ? 

Edited by Keyo

4 minutes ago, Keyo said:

I always thought Kurzy was Rayne automotive for some reason- its odd  that Rayne sell the connectors but no longer seem to sell the uprated  looms ? 

no m8 they are different entities

from what i can see rayne are not even open at the moment 😞

& from what i remember, without causing offence to rayne, i had heard their looms were not very reliable

Just now, g0ldf1ng3r said:

& from what i remember, without causing offence to rayne, i had heard their looms were not very reliable

Yeah I think they changed out the relays are fair few times and also on the Rayne loom  Vince had to file down the plastic bits inside  the plug as they were a tad to long to house correctly. 

Can see they include the terminal and seals- it says in stock and can order on the internet so surely that is a goer. 

1 minute ago, Keyo said:

Can see they include the terminal and seals- it says in stock and can order on the internet so surely that is a goer. 

i wanted to speak to them to check they are actually open as lots of sites say they are but then they arent

1 minute ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

i wanted to speak to them to check they are actually open as lots of sites say they are but then they arent

Ah ok mate. 

I think this guy is the other side: 357941165

357941165-500x500.jpg

That's a very interesting site.

Edited by fendervg

3 minutes ago, fendervg said:

I think this guy is the other side: 357941165

357941165-500x500.jpg

That's a very interesting site.

ha ha im sure its like you guys are reading my mind lol

they are indeed the other ends fendervg - the part that will allow us to have OE connection back to the loom

also.....ive had a reply from auto-click & they are open - i will contact them tomorrow & arrange things

chicken fuckin dinner!!! lol

If anyone ever needs a plug for the sunroof or recaro loom I know the 996 has the same plug as well because it is obsolete from VW but still available from Porsche and pretty cheap. 

3 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

I've got a Rayne loom with OE connectors and it's pretty good quality TBF. Must have had it about 6 or 7 years now and had no issues what so ever. Only slight issue I could find with it is the cable that runs along the front from drivers side headlight to battery is about an inch or two too short, so makes it a little tight when trying to route it nearly. I mentioned it in feedback to him when I bought it so he may have improved it since then. The connectors do need a little force to 'click' into place, but I'm ok with that as I know they're on nice and tight then.

right then!

finally got confirmation from the connector place that they have what we need

so, i can source us the OE style connectors to plug into the headlights & i can get the opposite one which will plug the tail back into the loom - thus needing 2 of the 1 type & 1 of the other each

this will allow us to have watertight OE connections for all parts!!

so far, if ive counted right there is....

me 

cressa

gotvach

fendervg

keyo

crispo

anybody else want one then shout up by monday 12th Oct as i will then close the list & order the connectors

FYI it looks like i am going to be paying for the connectors out of my own pocket & then ask people to reimburse me.  the actual cost of the loom will then be paid directly to kurzy

11 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

right then!

finally got confirmation from the connector place that they have what we need

so, i can source us the OE style connectors to plug into the headlights & i can get the opposite one which will plug the tail back into the loom - thus needing 2 of the 1 type & 1 of the other each

this will allow us to have watertight OE connections for all parts!!

so far, if ive counted right there is....

me 

cressa

gotvach

fendervg

keyo

crispo

anybody else want one then shout up by monday 12th Oct as i will then close the list & order the connectors

FYI it looks like i am going to be paying for the connectors out of my own pocket & then ask people to reimburse me.  the actual cost of the loom will then be paid directly to kurzy

Mate I'm happy to send you some money now  it helps. Thanks for this

56 minutes ago, Cressa said:

thanks cressa appreciate the offer but its not a massive amount

ive put on the group buy for people to confirm or add to the list by monday next week so will sort monies out end of the week ish

1 hour ago, Cressa said:

15 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

thanks cressa appreciate the offer but its not a massive amount

ive put on the group buy for people to confirm or add to the list by monday next week so will sort monies out end of the week ish

Happy days thanks for sorting .