_Matt_

Another one at auction - 201k on the odo

17 minutes ago, MJA said:

Will be interesting to see what happens with this one for us folk with higher mileage but very well cared for cars.

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2020-12-12/cars/ref-1-1995-volkswagen-corrado-storm-dg/

Im sure that was the car with the hanging air duct. 

On the opposite if you wanted a car that smelt like it left the factory .  738  on the clock.  Good story if you read the description. 

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/events/2020-auctions/the-nec-classic-live-online-auction/the-nec-classic-live-online-auction/friday-13th-november-classic-competition-cars/1980-volkswagen-golf-mk-1-gld-738-miles

Edited by Keyo

Thanks Dox.

Keyo - 738 miles. Factory fresh indeed - I wonder what people do with tem all these years to not want to use them.

51 minutes ago, MJA said:

Thanks Dox.

Keyo - 738 miles. Factory fresh indeed - I wonder what people do with tem all these years to not want to use them.

In this case he owned a white one at the time and purchased this to replace the other golf but the old one kept going so this just stayed in the garage ha- I would love a sniff of that interior. 

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

Im sure that was the car with the hanging air duct. 

On the opposite if you wanted a car that smelt like it left the factory .  738  on the clock.  Good story if you read the description. 

https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/events/2020-auctions/the-nec-classic-live-online-auction/the-nec-classic-live-online-auction/friday-13th-november-classic-competition-cars/1980-volkswagen-golf-mk-1-gld-738-miles

If that Golf isn't the holy grail then I don't know what is 🏆

I bet the person who purchases that will be down the pub in the next few months, and say to their mates, "guys I've found a superb barn find"   Oh yeah don't tell me it's only done 50K   "no only done 738 miles "     WHAT 😱

I would love to be a fly on the wall for that one 😂😆

Si 

6 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

What do you guys think then, £50k ?

30 - 40 k IMO . 

😄

Well as it is a storm and some folk get excited by them I think it will do better than you'd expect for a 200k car. We can't see much evidence of work done and I've just had a look at the MOT history - minor advisories every year. Personally I would keep on top of them and aim for a clean sheet as the MOT is the minimum standard of repair for our cars.