Lelige

Restricted to posting here?

So i'm in the middle of troubleshooting a lock out situation and then I get restricted to replying only to the newbie section because some condescending mod assumes the problem isn't all that unique and can simply be solved by calling AA. 

Wow A+ forum here. 

Sorry no, the whole reason I was posting was because it isn't the same problem everyone else has had. So thanks for limiting my ability to troubleshoot and participate in an already niche forum. 

You account is not locked - but I believe you only get a certain number of posts unless you are a subscriber. The only content that gets blocked is either spam or inappropriate and the offending user gets banned - that obviously isn't the case here.  I'm not a site admin, just moderator, so can't change any account settings or rights for you. I'm pretty sure I'd not be considered condescending either.

If you find the site useful., maybe consider joining - it's not much to be fair. Free advice of all sort can be got on the FB Corrado groups, but not all of it may be good.

I'll leave it there.

Didnt realize it was a subscription site. It would seem I was the one making bad assumptions. Sorry 

Ive subscribed now, but that does bring up the question of why this site relies on external image hosting if its charging a membership fee. There are many dead and useful topics on other forums where all the images have been deleted because the site they were uploaded to went dark.

No worries - welcome to the forum.

About the image hosting, as far as I know if you use the in thread browser widgets, the images get hosted on the site itself, but a lot of people use tapatalk because it's easier to upload straight from you phone,, in which case they are hosted by tapatalk.

It's always been an issue for forums because over time they take up a lot storage unless you really police the size - and many forums lost all their images when the big photo hosting sites stopped cross-linking.

22 minutes ago, Lelige said:

Didnt realize it was a subscription site. It would seem I was the one making bad assumptions. Sorry 

Ive subscribed now, but that does bring up the question of why this site relies on external image hosting if its charging a membership fee. There are many dead and useful topics on other forums where all the images have been deleted because the site they were uploaded to went dark.

Welcome to the best forum ever. Damn I am biased too. In 5 years, the help and enthusiasm on this forum has helped me rebuild my Corrado and get her on the road. Small cost but usually money saved on the 1st repair with the help here.

Good luck with the door handle