tonedef

Bio Ethanol Fuel

Did anyone else notice the news earlier this week that from September normal unleaded E5 fuel is to be replaced with E10? Apparently super unleaded will remain only 5% ethanol for five more years before following suit which means if you're already using V-Power or similar you'll be OK for the moment but the days are numbered.

What needs swapping on the Corrado to ensure it'll not start leaking like a sieve come the changeover?

I've been reading this for a few years now and knew something was coming although, I haven't read anything about v-power changing, I thought that would remain as is. I might actually take a bit more notice if that's the case. 

Here's one article, affects quite a lot apparently especially rubber seals, hoses etc

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/articles/everything-you-need-to-know-about-using-e10-fuel-with-your-classic-car/

2 hours ago, dragon green said:

Super unleaded is staying the same,well ...for the next five years,
So just use that

Five years seems like a long time but when you’ve owned your current Corrado 21 years and have no plans of parting with it you still need to make plans for the future!

My worry is, when electric cars come in,and they will, the price of road tax,or pay per mile will sky rocket, as will fuel, all done to discourage us polluters from the roads. Making our cars nearly worthless
The government doesn’t want us to own cars,they want us to lease them, all electric, all self driven,
Why ?
Leased,means we have a car industry, cars always being renewed
The main point,zero road deaths by 2050, a European directive, even though we are out of Europe

Grim reading indeed when you think of all the plastics / rubber in our cars fuel distribution system 

Reading on interesting to see synthetic fuels exploration (porsche).