ABV-VR6

Under the bonnet foam ish pieces...

Today I was looking at my bonnet while working on the car. I noticed these pieces of what looks like hard foam on both sides of it. You can tell they are old... I can't see any part number or else, do any of you mates know if it's something that can be replaced? 

Cheers! 

IMG_20210529_122741467.jpg

prob worth getting some EPDM foam and cutting it into a block.  Quite heat resistant

Hasan

I tried to get some earlier this year. Obsolete at Classic parts,  but did see somewhere a person was having a go making these.

I'll have a look around later to refresh my brain.    

Thanks to both of you! 

Yes, I guess I could maybe by a block of foam and try to cut and sand it but the result would probably be so-so knowing my sculpting skills! I guess someone with a 3D printer could make it happen? 

The only way I can see to remove it from the bonnet is to pry of the metal tab that holds it to the bonnet, correct? 

Found the part number from 7zap: 191 823 713

Cheers! 

I have some nos of these- they also came on the MK2 golf- they will be remade because of that exact reason so I expect they are been remade- none genuine but its just a sponge type material . They sit flush with the bonnet inner scuttle seal so I guess they are a water guide.  

Edited by Keyo

Thank you Keyo for the precision.i did see it was made for 30 car models including the MK2. So ya, I think you're right and Heritage will come up with those again. 

It sits/ clips in by a plastic piece going across it. When I get back later I will post a pic

Thank you very much, that's all I needed to understand how to remove them. It's always stressful to improvise on the Corrado!