SmithyUK

Wet floor, leaking. Help?

Hi guys, wondering if anyone can help me, my corrado has a leak and the drivers side footwell and passenger footwell is wet. I can see where the water is dripping in the car (below the steering wheel, the plastic trim towards the front of the car by each door). I was wondering if anyone knows where its entering the car from???? I initially thought it was the window but because its just down the side of the car i think its somewhere else. 

I hope my description makes sense. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks, S.

Could be the door membranes, I guess you are parked facing downhill? 
Common leaks points are door membranes, heater fan area, missing grommets in the bulkhead (check the drains are clear of leaves), sunroof drains, same story, check they are clear.

Worst scenario is your windscreen area has rusted under the seal, quite common sadly especially if you’ve had a replacement at some point.

More than likely yours will be where you see it, the doors 👍

Second opinion for the door membranes. Suprising the amount of water than can get passed them if they are not present or damaged. 

As above..... and a swine to dry out as the insulation under the carpet absorbs it all.

Good luck in checking. I would start with the bulkhead drains that go into the wings. But more likely to be the doors. Are the drain holes in the bottom of these clear ?

To help check if it is the door membranes, try putting tissue paper along the cill just inside the door

Good luck

As suggested above, put some newspaper around the door seal.  If you can, overlap the seal slightly and then close the door on it.  

If the insulation has got wet then it will be best to remove the seat and carpet and then take them out to dry.  This will then be an ideal time to check with a hosepipe with newspaper in the floor and around the door. You can also throw some talc down and see where water is entering as it forms tracks in tehepowder

Check the door rubbers are all supple and flex properly.  Worth getting a seal lube like gummipflege.

If you remove the carpet you can shake talcum powder around floor, bulkhead and sills, this will show where the rivers of water run into the car (which can be some distance for the accumulated puddle).

Thanks for all the suggestions, think im gonna try clean out the bulk head drains and see what happens. All the door seals seem ok. 
wish me luck 😬