Keyo

Rear axle beam carriers bolts

Hi all, 

On the rear beam carriers no 17 on diagram a total of 6 bolts all together part number N10141701 M10 x 25 have been obsolete fro some time.  This is  also the bolt that holds the front cross member - - furthest bolts to sides on the crisis member across from the bumper bracket bolts . 

https://www.ilcats.ru/vw/?function=getParts&market=RDW&model=COR&modelcode=76&year=1995&group=5&subgroup=500&part=106000&language=en

I was wondering this vag and Porsche bolt ready available at £1.20 from Porsche  has the same dimension but a different end (does not have the point ) does it matter as I would like some new bolts if the frames are coming off and I can get all the rest. N90847602 M10 x 25 

Thanks  gold is the obsolete bolt and silver the one available . 

7A974DC3-F154-4DA0-AE34-AC2CAF90CA99.png

2DCAFFF6-CDD5-460B-9D38-3999588DFD36.png

Edited by Keyo

The only problem with the silver bolt (if it’s the same dimensions) is that the point is to help locating the bolt in the body - the silver one would be slightly more difficult.

As far as the rear beam is concerned, I wouldn't worry provided it's the same diameter head and tensile strength. You don't need to remove them completely at any point (other than removing the brackets as you are now), so when you put them back in, just do it with the axle removed from the bracket. That way there is no weight on it so they'll go in no bother at all. 👍

7 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

As far as the rear beam is concerned, I wouldn't worry provided it's the same diameter head and tensile strength. You don't need to remove them completely at any point (other than removing the brackets as you are now), so when you put them back in, just do it with the axle removed from the bracket. That way there is no weight on it so they'll go in no bother at all. 👍

Thanks mate - I can see they are described as a subframe bolt so have no concern of the swl on the bolt- for £6.00 for x 6 I might as well buy them and share the out come. 

Edited by Keyo

Hi, not sure if you got sorted but these bolts are available through ECS tuning in the states. I’ve just bought the 6 I need for my rebuild.

they say genuine VW parts.

Just to finish this thread these bolts worked fine and are described as beam carrier so correct loading.