Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Foglight fitting.

I've now got the replacement foglight for the 'rado, and I'm going to try and fit it this weeeked. However, I'm no mechanic so if anyone out there has done this and can give me any hints/tips do's and don'ts I'd be most grateful.

I'm planning to borrow a trolley jack from a friend, but can anyone tell me how long it's likely to take (bearing in mind my inexperience with any car post 1935 :wink: ).

Cheers,

Tom

I can't help you with fitting it, but if you can take pictures of the process that would be great. Then I can add another how-to to the database :D

I did this on mine not that long ago. I just changed the passenger side one, so I'm not sure how the cable is routed across the front of the car. From memory it took about 15 mins, but I could do it in less than five now I know what to expect :lol:

The only thing that might give you grief, is getting the cable from the back of the light, through the car to the plug by the battery.

What I ended up doing was cutting the old cable behind the old fog light, tied this to the new cable (plug end) and then pulled it through, giving assistance where necessary. If I remember rightly, the cable goes down a hole just in front of the battery, so I found it a bit of a pig threading the new cable up through that hole, but becuase I had it tied to the existing cable, it wasn't that bad.

With hindsight, removing the headlight would probably also have helped (or at least give you more room to play with!)

Not sure how much help this is, but I can take pics for you tommorow if you need some reference... :?:

LvP.

Thanks all. I shall try to take as many photos as possible when I do it (passenger side only I'm afraid). Good idea about tying the cable ends together, wish me luck :wink:

Cheers,

Tom

Leave the cables where they are - just plug the old cable end back into the new fog light surround...

Makes life a lot easier...