ABV-VR6

Might be looking for a coilpack VR6 ECU

With my challenge to find a chip made to accommodate my 268 cams and MK4 head gasket for an ABV engine over here which has been impossible to find. I decided to reach out to Vince at Stealth and he said that it would be possible to use mapping he has already to make me going. Which is a very good news! Now I am facing the dilemma of either sending him my ECU or find another one closer to him to be programmed and sent back to me. 

Long story short, I'm just checking here in case one of you would have one for sale before I send my only ECU overseas. 

Cheers! 

You would need to give your ecu part number and get the correct match?

I sent Vince the part number of my Japanese ECU and he confirmed it was the same as the UK cars. And since my modifications are somewhat standard, he has mapping for them and no need to dyno test. 

Basically, Any ABV coilpack ECU would do it I suppose.  I can send mine, it's just that I would prefer to be on the cautious side and keep mine OEM in case something goes wrong down the line. But if I can't find, I'll just do that. 

IMG_20211109_133141351.jpg

Thanks, I just checked that out. At £400 it's WAY too much for me but the one at 130, seller is accepting offers as well. That would work. Just not sure how I could ask the seller to send it to Vince instead here though, most sellers won't send to a different address than the one from the PayPal purchase. 

2 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I sent Vince the part number of my Japanese ECU and he confirmed it was the same as the UK cars. And since my modifications are somewhat standard, he has mapping for them and no need to dyno test. 

Basically, Any ABV coilpack ECU would do it I suppose.  I can send mine, it's just that I would prefer to be on the cautious side and keep mine OEM in case something goes wrong down the line. But if I can't find, I'll just do that. 

IMG_20211109_133141351.jpg

Ah yours is a CP ecu. That's a late and rare one. I think it has the immobiliser circuit on board. Check with Vince if he advises any alternatives

Hasan

2 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Thanks, I just checked that out. At £400 it's WAY too much for me but the one at 130, seller is accepting offers as well. That would work. Just not sure how I could ask the seller to send it to Vince instead here though, most sellers won't send to a different address than the one from the PayPal purchase. 

I'm sure they will.  If not, shout up and I will sort it for you 👍

25 minutes ago, fla said:

Ah yours is a CP ecu. That's a late and rare one. I think it has the immobiliser circuit on board. Check with Vince if he advises any alternatives

Hasan

Yes it's a CP one, didn't know it was rare! Vince told me that when he programs it, the immobilizer can be removed and he suggested to do that. Weird thing is my car doesn't seem to have it? I found no module when I pulled everything to do the heater matrix. Plus there's no hood switch or things like it. Japanese quirk? 

4 minutes ago, Cressa said:

I'm sure they will.  If not, shout up and I will sort it for you 👍

Thank you kindly, very nice of you to offer. I'll send a message right now to the seller and ask if he'll send it to Vince or not. I'll be in touch, cheers! 

Just now, ABV-VR6 said:

Thank you kindly, very nice of you to offer. I'll send a message right now to the seller and ask if he'll send it to Vince or not. I'll be in touch, cheers! 

No worries.  

A Corrado is for life, not just for Xmas 😊😂😂

I don't know much about ECU but I would assume that if the chip is going to be wiped, I can probably use any ECU as long as it is for an ABV with coilpack no? Just so maybe I can open more buying options?? 

11 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

Yes it's a CP one, didn't know it was rare! Vince told me that when he programs it, the immobilizer can be removed and he suggested to do that. Weird thing is my car doesn't seem to have it? I found no module when I pulled everything to do the heater matrix. Plus there's no hood switch or things like it. Japanese quirk? 

Good idea if he can remove it.  Can tend to play up every so often.  Like the OBD2 onboard immobiliser. Good to know that then it allows normal operation of the car.  You can then just probably use a regular AG  ecu

Hasan

Thank you Hasan. So an AG ecu would work as well you think? I ended up making the deal with the seller based in the UK who had the CP and he agreed to ship it to Vince. Thanks Dox for pointing me in the right direction. Thank you all for helping me out with this, much appreciated!