fla

Fitting battery jacket

Anyone fitted one? If so, do you have any pics?

I have been trying to make it as neat as possible but find the jacket folds a lot on the sides and the main harness across the battery fouls a lot making it really awkward to seat the battery properly.

I've got an uprated loom and the relays in a separate box which i was hoping to pop into the jacket. 

Welcome any tips or pics. Thanks 

Hasan

I can't help you at the moment with this but what is the group size of your battery?
I'm going to be switching to an AGM battery group 96 and I intend to make a custom jacket for it. Once I do, I'll remember to post it in your thread.
It would be easy to make another one if your battery size matches mine. Cheers

Very kind of you to offer JF - I'll try and get some photos of mine shortly and post up. In fact if you could advise how I could modify the jacket I already have that would be great. I think the issue with mine is just too many cables connected to the battery connectors. I actually have the Golf Mk5 earth board in the garage but need to work out how and where to install it!

Happy to help you've helped me out with the auto swap before so it's just a return of favor. Post it up so I can see. I've been thinking of installing a sub panel just with like 6 fuses, nothing big but just enough to move away some of it like fogs, headlights, fans,amp if you have one to declutter the battery terminals... 

Thanks James.  No its an ebay one that seemed to be about the right size.  I'll try and get a photo shortly

Quick like that, the cover in itself looks too big? Maybe the fabric is too stiff also. But definitely Hasan, you need to clean up those terminals with an auxiliary fuse box, there's way too many at the pole. What's your battery group size? 

Only negative with a battery case- mouse like them as a nest- there is an infestation of mice in the uk at the moment- found some droppings the other day in my garage - fish bait thrown out immediately and mouse traps purchased ! Found this in my engine bay on top of the battery bag and a few droppings - have completely de cluttered garage took everything out and deep cleaned . 

Common now its like we get the same issues the USA always has with them- check this out in the UK brand spankers Porsche and mouse nest. 

picture below chew on inline fuse cover rayne hl loom  that’s all tf 

Reading on it because the pubs closed down for so long and restaurants they have moved from commercials to domestics - I can say i will blow them all up one by one in till the last hairy fucker retreats . 

D6BD4055-2335-41BD-82CB-A52C196CB81E.jpeg

Edited by Keyo

Strange you mention that (not the usual thread of conversation is it🙂). We live backing onto fields, so have grown up with mice, but the last twelve months has seen them chew/eat practically anything.

I’ve never had them in the garage until late last year.

They’ve eaten their way through my home brew and camping gear, all the caps from my stash of screen wash, foam from my bike rack, leather from a spare (mint) steering wheel, and get this, the plastic petrol cap to my lawn mover (right through it).

And don’t even get me started on what they’ve done through the house ( Pricks ate all my Ibuprofen last month !).

The common theme has always been that they’ve mostly nibbled/eaten where there’s been human physical touch with an item (residual finger grease perhaps ?). 

I’m wearing gloves round the clock from now on 😄

First step is to find there access route. 

Second step remove food supply. 

Remove any bedding materials . 

De clutter to make open space. 

Deep clean to remove any mouse scent that could attract others. 

My garage door had a chew hole access on the plastic wind draft trim on the bottom- I then emptied the whole garage and bleach floor. 

I found this - I have now got rid of the sheeting and just placed the alloys on the boards to lift off concrete. The nest was directly under a set of wheels. 

If your car is on the access path like mine was outside garage door they will use it as cover. My whole issue was caused by a bag of dry fish pellets like small biscuits. 

The worst thing you can have is raised decking in the garden (cover)  and a constant food supply ie bird feeder. 

Its no myth there has been a huge increase of them. 

https://www.aviva.com/newsroom/news-releases/2020/07/rodent-infestations-soar-in-uk-homes-during-lockdown/

6E64C6A2-C503-4EB8-8F0A-E59F43B58DD8.png

Edited by Keyo

Oh and the battery jackets from VW come in different sizes, depending on the cranking power of the battery - also the Corrado terminals exit towards the bulkhead, not to the front, and there should be a small cut-out on the front bottom for the clamp and bolt that hold the battery in - if the cover is not the right one, this will be on the wrong side.

I think Keyp found an eBay seller that was pretty good for battery covers, and gave a few otpions on size and trim  - does anyone remember?